Thread: A friends cat

--------------------------
    Last edited by limey-g; 02-01-2021 at 07:13 AM.

That looks a tricky one Geoff. The ref is not very sharp and the left foot looks distorted by the camera angle. The cat looks like it's wearing a 'mourning band' (don't know the correct term) on it's leg. However, I have no doubt you will do it justice and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Agree with Enug, it will be tricky to get a natural look with the paws front of camera. People love their pets so much that when they take photos of them, they only see their pet, but we see totally weird angles. Cats are lovely to work with though as the eyes are stunning and the fur colours can really be gone to town on.

Looks like the cat ran off. How very feline. (in other words, the picture vanished)
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yes it ran off a long time ago as it passed away some years back .
    I made a mistake and posted in the wrong place but what else can you expect from an old guy in his eighties Lol