Thread: Prints

Prints

I had last year's paintings recorded in print in book form. Very well done at an attractive price.

Name:  IMG_2021-01-30-14-53-32-399.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  47.4 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Wow! What publisher printed the book for you? It's gorgeous!

Hi suellen, I ordered the book online thru an Australian discount store. It was processed by Fujifilm. I received a 60 page 8x8" softcover book with a glossy photo cover, front and back, with the inside pages printed on semi-gloss paper for AUD$16!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

It’s always a thrill isn’t it when you get to see, and hold in your hand, work that otherwise only existed as 1s & 0s in your computer!
    And thinking ahead, I suppose that’s all your present giving sorted for this year too now!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Yes Mark, I have a book printed each year so that I have a hard copy. A few I have had printed to canvas thru the same online service.

This year, I gave the family items from my RedBubble shop with my images printed on them so I had better come up with something else next Christmas. I have identical twin granddaughters who will be 21 this year and I have planned 'experiences' for them. I don't think grandma's prints on a mug would cut it!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Such a neat idea and it does bring up some questions regarding the canvas size and the pixel count when you are doing work like this to be printed.
    Thanks Geoff

That looks lovely. I think this is also a great way of showcasing your art if you ever do fairs and so on. I don't really see much of what I do, but a mother did send me a photo of some prints she'd had done from a painting I did of her daughter in the pre raphaellite style. Sadly I don't see the finished article as I always send digital uploads. I am far too lazy to take on the hassle of printing things and posting them, but the photos sent reassured me that the colours on my monitor are pretty similar to what is printed out.

Hi Geoff, I usually paint 3000x3000px and 300dpi - they were printed in 8x8" format.

Kate, same here. I have only painted for family and friends and each time I have emailed them the file so they can print their own. The feedback has been good so that makes me happy.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Thanks June for answering my question

Great. I'd like to make the same prints on my own