Thread: First real portrait (not of an animal) from scratch

First real portrait (not of an animal) from scratch

I took this photo of family members. Its been a fascinating experience as it's way out of my comfort zone. It is far easier in AR than other software mediums though. Thank you to the people who have given me some useful tips on to do it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nother and child pencil finished.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	101019

I'll do some more people when I'm feeling brave again

What a great portrait! Lots of sensitive feelings. And they both look really good. Well done!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

thank you. The girl is my daughter, and the little boy my grandson. He was very upset and getting a loving cuddle from mummy when I took the original photo. I really loved the photo so thought I would give it a go with AR

Fantastic

For your first portrait, boy does that look great. You are very talented and must produce some more portraits. Iím a beginner in art, and Iíd love some insight in how you went about creating this. What brushes and how do you blend skin that good?

If your too busy to go into it, thatís no problem as I donít want to pressure you.