Thread: My Three Cats

My Three Cats

Rocky is the boss and senior he's black. Maxie is mostly Russian Blue and I tried to show the silver shading when the light hits different areas. Millie is a tabby with a brownish hue. They are all rescue cats and Maxie and Millie came to us together tho I don't think they are litter siblings.

Name:  Rocky.jpg
Views: 1842
Size:  208.8 KB Yes, he has a piece out of his ear.

Name:  Maxi.jpg
Views: 1613
Size:  230.1 KB

Name:  Millie.jpg
Views: 3518
Size:  224.4 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Well June they are really lovely is this all of your cats.
    Very nicely painted, black cats are a real challenge.
    Last edited by limey-g; 01-17-2021 at 04:34 AM.

Yes Geoff, these are our present cats. Sometimes I think it would be nice to give a home to another but I'm afraid it would alter the dynamics and cause unrest in our household.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

Wow. They're all nice but that black cat is perfect. You nailed the look and the subtlety of the values is spot on. It has to be one of the harder things to make work being as the values are so close together and the shape of the eyes, and in his/her case, the nick out of the ear gives them a real personality and mark of distinction.

The other 2 are really nice as well. But since I've had black cats and still have one, I'm partial to them. I've had my challenges with trying to Photoshop personal photos to see anything at all other than the silhouette shape. So I'm mightily impressed that you got it better than any photo I've done.

This may be why archeologists often have used on-sight illustrators to catalog found artifacts -- because the eye can pick up what cameras can't always. So pack your bags and head off to the ruins.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Rocky has such a sharp little face, not like the smooth or softer shapes of most cats. His nose is very prominent and kinda turned up so now being fixated on 'snooters' I was sure you were going to comment on that! I couldn't work from a photo as he wouldn't stay in the position where I could get a good likeness so I had to keep going outside to get another look.

The same with the other two they seem to have a reluctance to be photographed, either walking right up to me so their face was distorted, walking away or turning away and ignoring me completely. Perhaps they were embarrassed by the silly noises I was making to get their attention, I know I was.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Hi Enug:

I'm just Loving your animals!

I hope you are open to suggestions, and are not too attached to your backgrounds...I think the texture and detail of your animals would have more impact, if your background had much less texture, and less detail... perhaps something soft and painterly-ish.

Cheers!!

DO, I appreciate feedback especially if it is constructive. Backgrounds are my bugbear ever since the Ahem! the situation here a few years ago concerning brushes used for backgrounds.

You might notice I took your advice on board with the next image I posted. Is this what you had in mind?
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Oh my yes.

Very well done! I've posted comments there.