Thread: Puppy

Puppy

The last for this year! Airbrush, custom oil brush, a little blending and inkpen.

Happy New Year everyone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PUPPY.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	100860
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Such an adorable expression. Love it!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blessings in 2021 for you and yours.

Last edited by D Akey; 01-01-2021 at 08:45 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks DA and wishing you a year of peace and contentment and hoping we will get this pandemic under control. BTW how is your mother? Still improving I hope and did you say her husband has also become ill?
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Thanks DA and wishing you a year of peace and contentment and hoping we will get this pandemic under control. BTW how is your mother? Still improving I hope and did you say her husband has also become ill?
    Well, it's a good and not so good thing. Thanks for asking. My mom (95) has it and was taken to a convalescent hospital in the COVID unit. She's passed quarantine and they're trying to get her back on her feet. My step-father the retired physician (95) said he couldn't have her back in the house until she was testing fully negative, and ambulatory. Neither happened for her and it was shaping up to be a Catch-22 in that the test he insisted on would show even dead virus as a positive result. But it didn't matter because. . .

as he was waiting, he got COVID from a visiting caregiver. So through some wangling and good timing, I managed to get him out of the ER in the first hospital he was taken to and into the same facility my mom is in. So they're somewhat together, though isolated separately for now. But once the quarantine is over, they'll be reunited. How's that for an ironic twist of fate. I certainly would not have concocted that as a solution, but there it is.

Turns out three of their visiting home caregivers tested positive, and they got taken out of the work force. One nurse then infected her entire family. The thing was, each caregiver had multiple clients they worked with, and even though they had been testing weekly, yet it still snuck in like a Trojan Horse. So as it happened for my folks, first my mom got it, then after a couple weeks so did my step-dad.

Also in a different county near Los Angeles, I found out my institutionalized sister had tested positive that they failed to inform me. They say she's now testing negative, although she still has some lingering symptoms. Nothing I could have done about it anyway, but it's slightly tardy news. Seems that a staff member came and gave it to all the residents, and who knows who else on the outside.

Meanwhile, back in April, my son and his family and neighbors on the East Coast all had it and they quarantined together. But they bounced back without even the sniffles since. They're in their 30s with little kids.

And is it any wonder the availability of beds is drying up in Los Angeles. Like I said, we've been lucky that my parents have care and a bed. They've been on room air the whole time. Strong genes I reckon. I'm calling it God's grace or good karma or blind luck. But I surely feel for the poor nurses and doctors as well as the folks contracting COVID. And their heroism continuing to care for others brings tears to my eyes.

I know it's a can of worms, but it's what's happening. As to my job trying to hold the whole mess together, I'm discovering it's one step at a time makes it more manageable than my usual way of looking first at the long game. If I can handle what's happening in the moment. . . it's sort of like very slow moving ju jitsu or akido where I can't meet the assault head on, but I so far have managed to roll with it and direct things into a slightly less disastrous place. So far that's working. And onward to a rather unsettled beginning to 2021 for us here. Lots of highs and lows.

But, June, it's very kind of you to ask. I wish all good health for you and your family and whole area.

All that aside, the 2021 optimism and good news is that you've turned into a remarkable artist. It's that champion in you getting taken out and exercised to keep that shining light in shape.

As to your choice of subjects to paint, I really see animals (particularly pets) as helping and sharing a lot of the burden with us, taking some of it off so we can manage better (on several levels). My cat's been a great comfort. And I can see that the animals you depict have a similar harmonious vitality, whether living or passed on, it's all in the portraits you do of them. It's a gift to be able to put all that in a painting. And it's a gift you opened much to your credit. As you know, many don't.

2021 is going to be such a creative time for you, and I'm really looking forward to what you come up with and how you share that great heart of yours.

Go June!!!!!!!!!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It's remarkable DA that you have remained strong and well when all around you seem to be falling. It's amazing you didn't catch it from your family. It really was a mistake letting caregivers visit multiple clients.

Most of our infections in South Australia have been from returning expatriates - apparently, there are still tens of thousands who want to return home to Aus. They are forced to endure 14days quarantine in special medi-hotels. It has been almost successful excepting recently our six-day lockdown which turned into a three-day lockdown - was due in part, to a cleaner picking up the virus in the hotel or the airconditioning circulating the virus.

Changes have been made and a special brand new hotel is to be staffed by designated health workers and guarded by police to house all infectious cases arriving at our airport. However, Melbourne has had it hard and now it's Sydney's turn for a community transmitted infection. Most states have closed their borders with NSW.

A vaccine will be available from next March - so they think - just in time for my birthday!

Thank you for the very nice things you have said about my animal portraits. I'm making up for 2019 when I lost motivation and didn't paint for most of the year.

I've just brought the cats in for the night - Millie, the female is very canny and I have to give her a brushing with a grooming mitt as a reward for consenting to be shut in - otherwise, she skips away.

keep safe!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Wow, that’s some story Mr D of your 2020.
    So glad to hear that your parents have made it through so far and are nearly out of it now.
    2021 has got to be better for us all.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks guys. Wishing you all the best in 2021.

Your art is just awesome! It's not looking like that is a painting, looks like an original dog. You have magic in your hand.

That's nice of you to say so.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.