Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pen Tool for ArtRage using AutoHotKey

Here is ArtRageTool Version 2!, basically just added some more buttons and a window transparency slider!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRageToolSBS.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	346.5 KB 
ID:	100953

ArtRageTool Version 2 download link:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMMyTeySVJKgbhiMdnEeQFz7-gFrA
    Last edited by RedSaucers; 06-10-2021 at 10:51 PM.

Hot on heels of Version 2 we now have ArtRageTool Version 3!, basically just added some more buttons and tabs!

Name:  ArtRageToolSBS.jpg
Views: 1648
Size:  172.0 KB

ArtRageTool Version 3 download link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMMyTeySVJKgbhhY3272T6v4Td0_g
    Last edited by RedSaucers; 06-10-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Hi Red! I have just downloaded your latest version of the Tool and quickly ran it thru it's paces. It is only 5am here and I'm going back to bed (sleeping problems). I was so excited to see how it worked. I haven't tried cut and paste yet but later I will give it a full workout. Can I swap the warp for the select like before?

I am so impressed that you made this - I sort of understand how you scripted commands but have no idea how you include the graphic. What is your profession if you don't mind me asking.

So excited!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hi Enug, yes you should be able to swap them as before! I suspect that you won't be too surprised to hear that I am a software engineer!, happy painting

ArtRage Tool Version 4!,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMMyTeySVJKgbhggq024ajSQfepTg

Now I have started to use this tool for painting I have tweaked the following:

• A slider at the bottom of the first tab to set the opacity level on the current selected layer, so no fiddling with the little layer dial!
    • A little rearrangement of button positions so that the most common buttons I use are closer to the left hand side
    • Selecting the label ArtRage will now strip the tool of its windows header, but of course it will mean that you will not be able to move it, but select the label again and it comes back!
    • Added ticks to brush size slider and label showing the current pixel increment, also the maximum brush increment is now 200 pixels

Name:  Screenshot 2021-01-16 133752.png
Views: 1626
Size:  3.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-01-16 133947.png
Views: 1523
Size:  3.8 KB
    Last edited by RedSaucers; 06-10-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Goody Gumdrops! Another toy for me to try. I've just finished painting my three cats and really found the tools helped so much. Yes, I use them both as there are tools on both that I find useful. It's late now but tomorrow I will try out the latest and report back.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

OK, I have had a little play and a couple of things are puzzling me. I take it the 'M' is for 'move' but how? Also the slider at the bottom - when I slide it this is what I get....

Name:  Tool #4.JPG
Views: 1594
Size:  72.3 KB

One other thing I might mention tho I don't use much, it is the Flip. Ticking the box activates the Flip but if I select the Flip All I get a split second 'flash' as tho it flipped. That was the same in the previous version.

And another...the Size button between the undo and do thingies doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Could be I'm just dumb!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Hi Enug!,

Yes the M is for move and it basically activates the space bar for 1.5 seconds so that the canvas can be moved with the stylus. So I typically select M then put the stylus to the canvas and then move it.

The size button is similar to the M in that it activates the Shift button for 1.5 seconds enabling you to change the brush size when the stylus is applied to the canvas, basically the same as holding shift to resize the brush.

Ah yes, what I forgot to mention about the slider at the bottom is that you will need to set up a shortcut key for the layer opacity as it is not set by default for ArtRage, I chose Ctrl-O, which of course is mapped to Open File in ArtRage (which I never use)

For the Flip All I have added a shortcut key in ArtRage to activate the Transform All Layers function, by default it is not set to anything, so I set that to Ctrl+Alt-L

Thanks Red for the explanations - I don't use Flip all Layers but I do use Open Painting. I like to change the opacity of a layer so I will have to set up something for that.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Is there a version of this for we iMac users ?