Thread: Pen Tool for ArtRage using AutoHotKey

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pen Tool for ArtRage using AutoHotKey

Hello there!,

I generally create my art using ArtRage on a Windows laptop and recently have decided this Christmas to create a pen tool for ArtRage as I have never been quite happy with what I have found out there.

The pen tool below contains all the tools I most often use and enables painting on my Windows laptop without the need for any extra accessories and just to use a stylus, so I thought I would share if anyone is interested.

It uses a tool called autohotkey which is an automation scripting language for Windows, so just google autohotkey, download and install, get my autohotkey script from the link below and just double click the .ahk script to run up!

The script can be edited in any text editor so it can be easily modified to anyone's personal preferences.

ArtRageTool Version 1:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMMyTeySVJKgbhjNc-pq9LZc-uReg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRageToolSBS.png 
Views:	273 
Size:	177.5 KB 
ID:	100867

Note that the Size and Pick buttons hold down the Shift and Alt key respectively for 1.5 seconds to enable the stylus to either resize the brush or to pick a colour.

Oh and some of the shortcuts that each button initiates may be specifically ones that I have set up myself, like for example, Warp which I assign to <Ctrl>w but they are easily changed in the .ahk file

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRageToolFullScreen.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	433.5 KB 
ID:	100868
    Last edited by RedSaucers; 06-10-2021 at 10:49 PM.