Thread: macOS Big Sur version 11.1 - compatibility with Artrage 6?

macOS Big Sur version 11.1 - compatibility with Artrage 6?

Hi

Can anyone please confirm if the latest version of Artrage 6 is compatible with macOS Big Sur version 11.1?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Lightwind and seasons greetings
    That’s a good question
    ArtRage is a fully 64bit app, so that won’t be an issue.
    Looking on the ArtRage website, Catalina is the last mentioned macOS that I can see.
    Are you on a new Mac with the new M1 chips? Or just upgrading from an earlier macOS?
    In either case I would think all should be well

But if no Big Sur or M1 chip Mac owners post here with their experiences, I would suggest, for the definitive answer, contacting Ambient Design directly: [email protected]
    (But bear in mind it is the holiday season so a reply might be slower in coming than at other times)
    If you do contact them, then pleas do post back here with the answer, as it’s likely to be something of interest to others contemplating a Mac hardware or OS upgrade.
    Last edited by markw; 12-31-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hi markw

Seasons Greetings too! And thanks for your reply.

I've very recently had to have a clean install of macOS Big Sur 11.1 done on my mid 2015 MacBook Pro, as the normal upgrade over Catalina which I tried just prior to Christmas via Apple Software Update resulted in a fatal error message. So I had no option other than to send my Mac away to an authorised Apple repairer to get Big Sur installed by them - expensive , (but I need my Mac on a daily basis). So understandably, I'm now quite anxious about re-installing any of my old software which might cause problems on Big Sur.

However, since I posted this message earlier today, my impulsiveness got the better of me, and I thought I'd actually chance it and install Artrage 6 as I want to use this again as soon as possible. But I made sure to have a full Time Machine backup just in case anything went wrong, and I could then safely revert back.

Following this installation, I am very pleased to report that Artrage 6 (...so far) seems to be performing absolutely fine on macOS Big Sur 11.1. It is also working very well with my Wacom Intuos Pro graphics tablet.

I'll keep checking this over the next few days, and if I hit any problems, I'll post a further update on this thread.

Fingers crossed then!
    Last edited by Lightwind; 12-31-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Great to hear your back up and running again!
    And that AR is playing nicely with Big Sur
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram