Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: colour blending option won't turn off?

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Mark, I had a look at the hair and fur brush you offered Kate (you knew I would) and it looks like something I could use. Do you mind? Presuming I have your approval, I would like to try it out on yet another kitty. Cheers!
    Absolutely you can June, it is Christmas after all!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thank you Mark - I felt sure you wouldn't mind. Thanks for the Chrissie pressie! Hopefully, my gift to you will be showing the brush put to good use.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

thank you mark

Thank you its a lovely brush, and I think just what I want for the short fluffy hair. Its easy to make hair brushes that are long silky lengths, but it is the fluffy ones I want.

No problem Kate
    Hopefully there will be some times where it will serve you well!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Thank you Mark again

The brush was fabulous and exactly what I want to finish of this husky. 100% AR and AR brushes! VictoryClick image for larger version. 

Name:	husky11 small image.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	100818

So glad the brush was of help to you Kate
    And a great portrait too
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

thanks again Mark. That is a brilliant brush. Ive done the finishing touches today and am as happy as anyone normally is! aka I can see 101 things wrong, but we gloss over that. Only thing I added in photoshop is the whiskers as I can't ever do whiskers properly without using the pen too. Think I'll put it up in the gallery.

That husky turned out astounding! That's a work I would have loved to see in progress as a script, video, or time lapse. This is inspiring work. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigen813 View Post
    That husky turned out astounding! That's a work I would have loved to see in progress as a script, video, or time lapse. This is inspiring work. Thanks for sharing.

I've no idea how to do time lapse I'm afraid, but what you would have seen, was disaster, disaster, disaster..... suddenly goes right!

What I do is make a tracing of the dog in AR, marking where the colour changes are as well as eyes, nose placement etc. Then on a separate layer I do an underpainting using the tracing feature in AR. This looks like a hideous blob, but the colours provide a good base. Then on a new layer I start laying down the fur and just build and build the fur in layers. I do the eyes and nose on a separate layer as I can then make sure they look right, and finally merge all layers. I keep flipping the tracing on and off for accuracy and use the reference image a lot. This picture wasn't quite finished, I put the finished one in the Gallery. The mouth wasn't quite right here, so there it looks better :-)

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    I have this basic Fur & Hair Custom Brush if you want to give it a try to get you started
    Attachment 100771
    I had tried to attach it to my post last night then realised this morning it was the wrong ARPack so removed that one. Sorry folks
    Hi Mark it would seem like you did attach the brush at some point and then removed it or maybe I am missing something.
    Regards Geoff