If I go to tools, colour options and turn on or off 'colour blending', it doesn't seem to make any difference. I want to layer dark, medium and light shades to create depth, but it continues to mix them. The doesnt work well with fur and hair, especially if I am layering paint on the same AR layer. I find I am having to create a new layer each time then merge them. I did this cat almost entirely in AR but couldn't get the depth effect in AR, so gave up and went back to photoshop to finish painting it.

I also found it difficult to be subtle with the paint, as I like to be fairly photorealistic. I really struggled with the legs, although the back and tail were fairly OK. face too was ok in AR, but I find i am having to use photoshop to finesse the painting. I'm sure its because I am not experienced enough, but I find even the pencils don't get the clean line I want. It maybe because the paint is mixing despite 'colour blending' turned off? The colour blending is also turning creamy colours green when I am trying to blend in a blue grey colour. Any advice? TiaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Cat Finished AR.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	349.0 KB 
ID:	100750