Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ArtRage 7 Wishlist

Maybe too late for feature requests but I think Layer Masks are my biggest wish. It doesn't have to function exactly like Photoshop but the ability to mask on a given layer instead of having to fumble with selections or stencils would turn this program from an A+ into a Super A++.

”After a day of using complex software in Adobe CC”... I don’t want to spend my day în Photoshop or Illustrator and use ArtRage for relaxation, that was my point. I want to use it as my daily driver, hence the need for more professional options. I’m not against a ”fun mode” with a colorful interface but I see that ArtRage is trying to offer, besides that, a more serious environment (”The docking mode”).

I didn’t want to mention things like ”scalable UI”, ”GPU accelerated brushes” or ”Layer Masks” because things like that seem to require a lot of work for implementation, (I became ”greedy” with the "Correction Layers" suggestion ) and only went for minor changes, with, I believe, great impact.

The point of improving the toolbox was exactly to get rid of all the unnecessary panels, but when you have 50+ presets it’s frustrating going up and down, trying to find the thing you need.

Regarding the brush resizing, I love the ”shift+drag” option, but I was asking for an additional, more precise way to do it (especially for linework)

And yes, I still believe that în 2020, a painting app should have a proper ”flip canvas” option

Sorry I thought this thread was called "wishlist". I don't see where your suggestions are any better than anyone else's. If they don't know what the userbase wants, they can't implement it. From my understanding it's far too late to be suggesting things for ArtRage 7 anyway, if the implied timeline is to be believed.

Yes, the thread name is "Wish List" and I think everyone's requests are valid and should be respected.
    I hope that as many of them as possible can be implemented in the next ArtRage version.

Quote Originally Posted by BOP View Post
    ...I see that ArtRage is trying to offer, besides that, a more serious environment (”The docking mode”).
    That reminds me to a wish I have since I work with Artrage 6: a stable docking mode. Unfortunatly the docking mode often crashes. For example, if I drag a sticker outoff the sticker panel onto the canvas. That's really anoying.

I think, all those wishes in this thread could be fine if they will not lead to a loss of performance and an overcrowded GUI. And all new features should make sense. Color correction capabilities, for example, will not make much sense without a color management.

And there is no doubt about the usefulness of layer masks, but ArtRage is first and foremost a painting software, not an image editing software. Just my opinion.

Custom level steps. There are a few zoom levels I tend to like, and having to enter them manually every time is a drag. Also, being able to shift-drag through a set of user-defined brush sizes, rather than every single whole number, would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    And there is no doubt about the usefulness of layer masks, but ArtRage is first and foremost a painting software, not an image editing software. Just my opinion.
    But you could make the same exact argument for a feature like painting in a flipped canvas mode. Yet that is something that a lot of artists want because it's part of their digital painting workflow.

i hope they get the color wheel that can be resized

i hope they get the color wheel that can be resized and some thing similar to corel painter, flip canvas , preview the canvas in greyscale with toggle hotkey, custom default canvas size, dry brush in oil brush category and a better way to do layer selection and transform