Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ArtRage 7 Wishlist

Maybe too late for feature requests but I think Layer Masks are my biggest wish. It doesn't have to function exactly like Photoshop but the ability to mask on a given layer instead of having to fumble with selections or stencils would turn this program from an A+ into a Super A++.

”After a day of using complex software in Adobe CC”... I don’t want to spend my day în Photoshop or Illustrator and use ArtRage for relaxation, that was my point. I want to use it as my daily driver, hence the need for more professional options. I’m not against a ”fun mode” with a colorful interface but I see that ArtRage is trying to offer, besides that, a more serious environment (”The docking mode”).

I didn’t want to mention things like ”scalable UI”, ”GPU accelerated brushes” or ”Layer Masks” because things like that seem to require a lot of work for implementation, (I became ”greedy” with the "Correction Layers" suggestion ) and only went for minor changes, with, I believe, great impact.

The point of improving the toolbox was exactly to get rid of all the unnecessary panels, but when you have 50+ presets it’s frustrating going up and down, trying to find the thing you need.

Regarding the brush resizing, I love the ”shift+drag” option, but I was asking for an additional, more precise way to do it (especially for linework)

And yes, I still believe that în 2020, a painting app should have a proper ”flip canvas” option

Sorry I thought this thread was called "wishlist". I don't see where your suggestions are any better than anyone else's. If they don't know what the userbase wants, they can't implement it. From my understanding it's far too late to be suggesting things for ArtRage 7 anyway, if the implied timeline is to be believed.