Thread: Great Dane

Great Dane

This took a little longer than I anticipated - almost gave up. The 'ugly stage' syndrome! Airbrush and palette knife.

Name:  Great DaneAR.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  19.1 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Well, you certainly got past the “ugly” stage with this one June. Excellent work.
    I’ve never really got on with the Airbrush tool. For me it’s maybe like the Watercolour brush was for you in the past I think. Something to wrestle with rather than be enjoyed!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks Mark. Yes, I do like the airbrush - it seems to be more forgiving. I can brush over parts I don't like rather than undoing them. I'm also now converted to the watercolour brush because of the different effects that experimenting with textures gives me. I use the noise filtre quite a lot too.

Do you find a point in your painting when you wonder if you should start again? I call that the ugly stage and have now convinced myself to keep at it and it will come out alright in the end.

We have been confined to barracks for six days to enable authorities to get on top of this virus cluster that has broken out - so lot's more painting. Too hot for gardening!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

Looks a great ol' Dane.

Lockdown for just 6 days? Seems like that's a strange number to come up with, almost like a political way to say we're doing something, but we don't want to stop commerce either.

Well, stay safe, June. If there's a bright side to lockdown, it's that you can paint for the fun of it, and then when you're bored you can paint for something to fill the time.

It's certainly been the strangest year I can recall in my lifetime, save for maybe the Cuban Missile Crisis -- when I was too young to start digging a back yard bunker. I was so young that when they said "duck and cover" I thought "a fort!" went out and built a tree house.

Now I'm older and . . . well I'm older.

Go JUNE!!! Paint paint paint!!!!!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

We've never had a lockdown before but I can understand the reasoning. It's seven months since we had a community infection - caused by a couple from the US holidaying here and who tested positive but flew back home before they could be placed in quarantine. Another couple from Switzerland visiting the same area at the same time were also found positive. That resulted in 35 people being infected. Since then the only cases have been in medi-hotels where international visitors have to quarantine.

This latest cluster stems from a cleaner and guard at one of these hotels. Which resulted in 22 people being infected. These people have visited many spots around Adelaide while infected and so far over 4,000 contacts have been traced. This includes several schools, a hospital, shopping centres, small shops, restaurants even a prison (a family member worked in a prison) as well as 90 members of the police force. So this turns out to be an infection from a person held in this medi-hotel. They even have the ability to identify the person thru something called 'genome testing'.By the way, we have 1000+ people in six medi-hotels. Regular hotels taken over to quarantine residents flying home from overseas hotspots.

This latest virus seems to be a new strain with an incubation period of just one day. So in order for all further contacts to be traced, we are all to stay at home to stop the spread until all have been contacted and tested.
    The first transmission is 'generation 1' and they need to contact and test 5th generation contacts. Quite a job. A special contact tracing department had been set up a couple of weeks ago.

Like you, I don't understand the magic number of 6days but I can put up with a little inconvenience to get us back to where we were. We have no new cases today, have 34 active cases, a total of 550 cases and 4 deaths since this virus first started in March in our State. Aus as a whole has done really well except Victoria which had an outbreak resulting in over 100days lockdown.

Sorry to be so long-winded - we hear, read and see so much info from other countries but I don't think Australia figures much in the news in those countries including the US that I wanted to show that we are really doing so well.

Yes, the upside is more time for painting - or housework!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.