Thread: Is there a 'recent brushes' panel?

Is there a 'recent brushes' panel?

I've just bought Artrage 6 and trying to navigate around it. I am used to painting and working with photoshop so its difficult to navigate around Artrage at the moment.

Its time consuming and stops the flow of the painting to keep going to the different panels (oil brush and custom brushes) to get what I need. The size also often returns to the large size so i am constantly having to resize.

I would like a little panel with the brushes i am using in that painting with the sizes, opacity and loading remaining the same.

can anyone help?

Hello Kate12345 and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Yes, AR dose things differently to PS. Some things better, some not.
    I agree though that a key command to go back to whatever the previous tool was could be useful.

But here are some things you can do in AR;
    If you are using a tool like the oil brush and then switch to say the knife tool and then want to go back to the oil brush you were just using as it was set, just select Oil Brush from the Tool Picker panel or use it’s appropriate key shortcut (which for the Oil Brush would be the O key).
    If you find you want specific settings in any given tool repeatedly then save them as a new preset for that tool.
    Presets for different tools can then be collected together, along with other items used in a painting, and stored in Toolboxes rather than having to keep going into the Presets for specific tools all the time.

With regard to brush size, if you are using a Pen with buttons like a Wacom pen you can set it up so that while holding down a button you can draw the pen left or right on the tablet which will let you rapidly change size between 1% and 500% as you paint.
    I made a post a while back on how I have setup my Wacom with AR, which may be of interest here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...ighlight=wacom
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

recent brushes

Thank you, I am starting to see a work around using those methods, but its quite confusing to start with. I have given up on the buttons on the wacom pen and tablet, but the two bracket keys still work to make the brush size larger and smaller, and I'll use that until I feel I can tackle the pen again. Unfortunately the link you sent is quite blurred. I can't seem to find an eraser. At least I've seen one but then I lost it again LOL

Not sure why it should be blurry for you as the actual image showing my settings is quite large.
    The image you initially see on that page is just a thumbnail. In Firefox and Safari, double clicking on the thumbnail takes you to the full sized image.

The location of the Eraser in AR can be seen in these two screenshots. The first in Classic Mode the second is in Docking Mode:
    Name:  Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 23.33.28.png
Views: 292
Size:  130.4 KBName:  Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 23.32.14.png
Views: 313
Size:  73.2 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Strange but it is much clearer in firefox. Chrome is blurred. Odd!

brushes

So, I have set up my wacom tablet to zoom, open a brush size panel, alt click etc. Happy with that.

Ive read how to make a toolbox and have assigned all my tools a letter, so I can access custom brush and the others quickly.

However I would still like to have my brushes in one area (Toolbox would be ideal) where I can just use my pen to change the tool, and get to the particular setting (bristle/hair/fur/knife blender etc) without the big panel popping up and then the settings panel needing to be used. Its so irritating.

Brushes can be added to Toolboxes by choosing the ‘Add To Toolbox’ option when:
    1: Right clicking any preset found in the Presets panel.
    2: Saving a new Preset and ticking the ‘Add To Toolbox’ option in the Save panel.
    I've added a Wacom "On Screen" shortcut to show/hide the Toolbox as needed.
    Once things are in a toolbox they can be dragged around inside it into an organised order.
    I tend to group things by tool type. In this example it gose;
    Stickerspray
    Custom Brush
    Airbrush
    Blending Knife
    Watercolour Brush
    Name:  Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 14.59.37.png
Views: 225
Size:  160.4 KB
    Last edited by markw; 11-21-2020 at 04:03 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram