Thread: Is it possible to add a canvas?

Is it possible to add a canvas?

I use artrage 6 to start paintings sometimes, but it's not my main painting software, and eventually I transition into another program to do some things. I save the file as psd because I can open it in most software, but this loses canvas info since of course psd doesn't support it. The problem is, I can't seem to add it back again. If I open the image in artrage later, no matter what I tweak in canvas settings, the brushes don't recognize it at all.

Am I missing something that would make this work? It massively limits my ability to use this program because nothing behaves right without the texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolflich View Post
    Am I missing something that would make this work? It massively limits my ability to use this program because nothing behaves right without the texture.
    if you're re-importing a .psd file, you'll have to go through each layer and check off "use canvas texture" under layer properties -> layer texture setting once you've set up your preferred canvas.

I wish there was a way to automatically apply canvas texture to every layer in the document, but so far if your workflow relies on transferring files back and forth it will require doing this manually after each import.

hope this helps!

Thanks, I'll use that next time. A bit cumbersome but I tend to merge most layers anyway.