Thread: realistic gestion of colors

realistic gestion of colors

I don't know if it would be hard to do, but that would be really great if artrage could have the color wheel and the gestion of color that is on the new application "realistic paint studio" what do you think about this?

I'm not sure if it's a practical thing to do... If I understand this correctly, realistic paint uses a custom color mixing engine (and most likely a proprietary color space) that doesn't allow a lot of features such as layer blending modes and .psd export because colors get lost in the sRGB export.

if you export a .psd file from artrage and convert it into a wide-gamut space (adobeRGB or those P3 macintosh color spaces) you'll probably be able to match the color vividness with a couple color adjustment layers?

I hope that's what you mean by "gestion" of color though, the wording itself is a bit unfamiliar for me - sorry if I misunderstood you.

no problem, I'm french and my english is not the best^^
    I really don't have knowlege of some technics things like that, so I don't know if it's posible or hard to do.
    obout the gestion of color I mean 2 things that make strengh of this application:
    - the variety of color one color on the paper, the color will not be only the same red to give the feeling of texture and reality of the paint, it will have some brown, some orange, and some yellow after only one touch of the brush, we can have a thing that approach to it in artrage that is "vary the color" in brush designer, but it is random and so it doesn't work really well, but in this application the variety is where it has to be and so it gives a really good feeling of it.

-the color wheel , when you takethe color wheel if you put a red, a blue, if it goes at the saturated colors , the color change , in blue it becomes purple and after pink, in red it becomes oranges , and It works really well when we put this variety of colors.

This application has "free try" so you can try and and see it.

I think that if artrage would have these options it would be amazing for the feeling of traditional painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yumereves View Post
    I think that if artrage would have these options it would be amazing for the feeling of traditional painting.
    Totally agree, but ...

realisticpaint.com: The main and unique feature of "Realistic Paint Studio" is the special color engine, we've called "Realistic Color".

The uniqueness of this color engine is probably the reason why the handling, the diversity and the compatibility of Realistic Paint Studio are so severely limited
    (compared to e.g. ArtRage).

With regard to layer management, canvas management, tool management, import and saving options etc. Realistic Paint Studio is literally a stand-alone application.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Realistic Paint Studio, but it also comes at a high price. (I don't mean this $ 25.00)

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but you can use the Sticker Spray Tool and set the variety of colors in it's Spray Variation. Just set the table row Hue to Pen Pressure and choose the grade of variety you want. So the strokes you will paint will show changing colors, following the color wheel, depending on your adjustment and the pressure you give to your pen. The sequence of colors is not randomly in this case.

Excuse my bad english! My native language is german.

I think that what he is talking about is (if you are at all familiar with real Oil, Acrylic or watercolour paints) mass tone vs. undertone:

Name:  Olive-green-yellow_thumb.png
Views: 2644
Size:  37.6 KB

YES!! This is exactly what i wanted to mean, sorry for my bad explication before, and thank you so much Eric Porter.