Thread: Sparrow

Sparrow

A common house sparrow - introduced into Australia. The image is not as sharp reproduced here. I tried to upload as a .gif which is sharper but not allowed even tho it lists .gif among the formats accepted.

Name:  SparrowAR.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  59.4 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hi. June as to sparrows. And Starlings. In the later years. They all seem to have gone I have wondered wether it’s the

coming of the. Seagulls which now roost on the rooftops. All over Brighton so maybe the. Small birds. Have Moved

Inland for safety. And food. The only little bird. I see. Now are the blue tits who seem. Ok. But as to seagulls. They like

Cats and dogs Seem to have recognised the the beifits Of living with us lot. Or close. Ok June keep smiling as pigs can’t

Fly Yet. 😳😳🐷🐷. CIAO. PLOOS. Hoo Roo. SLAINTE

Nice articulation and attention to detail. I particularly like the head area and the eye region. It's like the attention is zeroing in to that part of the painting -- going from a first read overall impact and then in to the little soul. Isn't there a gospel song "His Eye Is on the Sparrow"? Has that kind of vibe for me -- only He's also looking through it.

Nice one Enug. Makes for an engaging look, both from the bird and the viewer.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks Mr. Ploos and DA.
    You got me thinking. I still see and hear sparrows but perhaps it's my cats that keep them away more so than when I only had a dog. He used to bark at them so there must have been more than now.

Apparently" sparrows are included by the IUCN in its Red Data List of threatened species in 2002 alongside the glamorous snow leopard, tiger, and red panda."

Various reasons have been put forward for this decline, among them - Scientists consider mobile radiation the major culprit for the disappearance of sparrows. Birds navigate by sensing the earth's magnetic fields and mobile radiations are known to disturb them and interfering with bird's ability to move around.

Food for thought!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]