Thread: Rainbow Bee Eater

Rainbow Bee Eater

The larger bird is flying upside down showing it's underside so I thought I would show the colours when not in flight. I've seen these tiny birds and they dart around so fast it's almost impossible to see their colours. As the name suggests they catch bees (and moths).

Name:  Rainbow bee eaterAR.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  24.5 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Looks like a choreographer for some Native American ceremonial dances. Some great bird spirits in their mythology.

I seem to recall that hummingbirds were particularly dazzling in the coats of some of the top guys in Central and South America. I'm quite sure they represented something very revered to them. Of course these days it wouldn't fly (what with anti-fur coats and such). But back then it held a lot of power.

I've not heard of this particular bird of yours here. Tropical? Bet it's something beautiful to see in the wild.

I have hummingbirds come around my home presently and they're the sweetest things. They always seem so grateful when I water. One even came up and fluttered against my heart. I couldn't believe it. I don't think he was merely near sighted. It felt like a real request to keep the water coming.

Nice painting, June.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Aw! That's so touching DA. I'm sure it was thanking you for your care and thoughtfulness. St. Francis gave you a brownie point.

I have never seen a hummingbird - would love to. The bee eaters used to flash by when I was on the golf course. Our climate is classed as Mediterranean.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]