Thread: White tiger cub

White tiger cub

I couldn't sleep last night so I painted this. Feeling tired today tho!

Name:  White tigerAR cub.jpg
Views: 5149
Size:  24.5 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

It would seem that Hypnos’s loss was our gain then June! Nice one
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I love this look, June. It has a controlled, saturated feel, complete with bleeding color marks. It's a super way to integrate the image throughout.

It reminds me of a simple sketch technique taken to a much deeper level. I used to sketch in diners with all kinds of materials, from pencils up to gouache. Sometimes I would take a sable brush and strategically wet a small section of the paper to strategically soften a line with a bit of bleed. I loved the fluidity of that then and now here in your painting but with your painting you've taken it to a more painterly level.

Since you mentioned you did this in lieu of sleep, I can't help but associate it with a dreamlike quality. Like you had one foot in both states of consciousness -- awake enough to move tools, but asleep enough to see this way. It's like this painting is withdrawing into a dream.

Anyway, there are a ton of great things happening paint-wise in this one. You should be really pleased. Now back to bed with you and catch up on your sleep. You've earned it.
    Last edited by D Akey; 10-13-2020 at 04:41 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks Mark and DA. Periodically I go thru this sleeping issue. Instead of tossing and turning maybe I should get on the computer. Suggestions have been to get up and do something boring like ironing but painting appeals to me more.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]