Thread: artrage 6 questions

artrage 6 questions

Hi all

i am new and have been using artrage for a few months.
    can someone please help me with the following questions.

(1). when you use sample colors in artrage, there is no highlight box around the color you have selected. if you have many colors on your sample tab how are you meant to know the current color selected?
    if you have like 5 greens, you don't want to select the same green. i see a workaround by clicking "show samples with names" and then to keep scrolling one level down, but this takes far too long. am i missing something?

(2). is it possible to increase the size of your ref photo?

(3). i like to use the cursor tool but artrage keeps resetting my cursor to precise. i keep restarting artrage to try save the tool selection but eventually it reverts back to cursor. the other issue i have is when using the tool cursor, it seems they are all meant for right handed people. is it possible to have the tools on the left hand side?

thanks a lot
    Ryan

Hello Ryan and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    (1) Unfortunately no you are not missing something, that’s pretty much how the samples work at present. But I agree it would be useful to have the currently selected colour highlighted, both in the Samples panel and in the Toolbox panel.

(2) Yes, move your cursor over a corner of a reference and it will turn into a double headed arrow. Now click-drag the corner out to increase the panel’s size.
    You can also rotate references in a similar way by click-dragging a side.

(3a) Hum… I’ve never encountered this issue of the cursor changing by itself.
    The three keyboard shortcuts for changing cursors are; 1, 2, & 3. Equating to; Precise, Outline & Tool. Now this might be a long shot but could you be triggering one of those shortcuts by accident somehow?
    If it’s not, then you may want to contact Ambient Design about the issue via their support page: https://www.artrage.com/get-support/

(3b) If you are referring to the Tools panel, then yes, if you are in ‘Docking Mode’ you can have any panels you want live in the Left or Right Dock, whichever you prefer. You can find some more about Docking Mode near the top of this page: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/gett...k-start-guide/
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

hi markw

i was looking everywhere for how to expand the ref image; now i know

i attached a picture of a cursor tool. whichever tool (pencil, brush, pastel), it is shown in a natural way for a right handed person, especially if you paint with a brush because it shows the tip bending in only one way. i wanted to change the tool to left handed view (mirror it).

thank you for the reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh, I see, the actual pictures of the tools. (I’m not sure if anyone has ever asked that before) But no, I’m afraid not, they are as they are
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram