Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inn the Old Tavern

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Yeah jack. Much. Better. More. In keeping. With the time. As l can. Remember. it Well :

CIAO PLOOS SLAINTE
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

The additional bits like the barrel add a lot of interest and fill up the space. Good going, shipmate!

Ol' MacPloos is absolutely right about it all looking better. Right, so he's a-buyin'. I seem to recall you're a tea-totaler, so drink up. The water's free. Just mind that ye dennay drown in yer teapee, Chief.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It reminds me of an old painting and I love the end results!!! Outstanding....

Inn the old Tavern FIVE

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    It reminds me of an old painting and I love the end results!!! Outstanding....
    Thanks Kenmo, nice to see you on here...I am just posting the last picture, with a few small additions and a bit of tidying up degraining a bit and so on, I could carryon adding stuff but I don't think there is much point now, happy that I did the extra bits though, it was fun doing it and I do like detailing so that doesn't put me off....Thanks for your reply though...Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Tavern 5.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	422.2 KB 
ID:	100147  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

The improvement is quite apparent, Jack. Each added item gives the viewer a potential element with which to have the characters interact in the viewer's mind. So you're basically adding story and implying there's a whole lot more to their world past the boundaries of the frame which is more convincing they're dynamic characters in a real world.

Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    The improvement is quite apparent, Jack. Each added item gives the viewer a potential element with which to have the characters interact in the viewer's mind. So you're basically adding story and implying there's a whole lot more to their world past the boundaries of the frame which is more convincing they're dynamic characters in a real world.

Good stuff.

Thanks D, your comments are always appreciated , makes me pay more attention to what I'm doing, gets me concentrating more on the scene and what the scene shows, but how else can we compete against professional rendering, other than improve our own rendering?.. Something I'm working on....Thanks D for your assistance in this.... Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.