Thread: Apple watercolour

Apple watercolour

Hi all.
    More experimenting with watercolour today.
    Still trying to learn how everything works and how paint reacts to different settings.
    I think this will take some time to learn but I shall keep on going.
    Today’s subject is a simple apple, apt as I’m doing it on my new iPad Pro.
    Still not super happy with the results but I have learned a few more things while painting it which is the purpose.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apple New 2 Merged Final Copy.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	100104

Hey, looks delicious to me. You know what they say: 'An apple a day turns painting into play.' . . . or something like that. I'm not great with exact quotes.

You seem to have good control. I always seemed to err on the side of being too wild and often spoiled my experiments by getting carried away. I think you're going to make quicker headway than I did.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hey, looks delicious to me. You know what they say: 'An apple a day turns painting into play.' . . . or something like that. I'm not great with exact quotes.

You seem to have good control. I always seemed to err on the side of being too wild and often spoiled my experiments by getting carried away. I think you're going to make quicker headway than I did.
    So many thanks for the kind words. To tell the truth this is my first ever attempt at painting still life and a piece of fruit for that matter lol.
    I have always just sketched and don't have much experience with colors. I was a little intimidated at first, but now I'm really enjoying myself playing with color and especially watercolors now

Yum! Looks nice enough to eat.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Yum! Looks nice enough to eat.
    Many thanks June. I really enjoyed painting this apple. It gave me some much needed practice with colours.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Fantastic!!!
    Many thanks for the kind comment
    And so my journey begins..
    My journal: