Thread: Gordon Strachan caricature 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Leeds united

Gordon Strachan caricature 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Leeds united

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200927_113729_634.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	100087Gordon was a great soccer player! From ScotlandClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200923_212105_551.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	100088Sketch drawing

Very cool He has a very energetic pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital-Seed View Post
    Very cool He has a very energetic pose.
    Thank you! :-)

Yeah, I love your ability to nail the vast array of complexions and facial types in your many caricatures.

I could definitely see this guy's relatives pulling an oar on a longboat 900 years ago.

Nice one, Danny!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Inspirational

I love this, especially with the preliminary sketch.
    There are so many questions I would like to ask you regarding producing such a quality piece, i.e. how long to do sketch, what training have you had, how do you start the painting process once you have the sketch, etc, etc ?
    The trouble with seeing such a fine piece of art is that it makes a novice, like me, worry that the gap is to wide to span.
    I am going to try though lol!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by stickmen View Post
    I love this, especially with the preliminary sketch.
    There are so many questions I would like to ask you regarding producing such a quality piece, i.e. how long to do sketch, what training have you had, how do you start the painting process once you have the sketch, etc, etc ?
    The trouble with seeing such a fine piece of art is that it makes a novice, like me, worry that the gap is to wide to span.
    I am going to try though lol!
    Jeff
    Thanks Jeff... I start with a base colour. A midrange colour.. Then I work to the lights and darks. Mostly I'm all over place.. I work from 1 layer when it begins to look right.. this one took almost 10 hours to make.. The sketch and design is the hardest part.. To get a good likeness..I have no background training. .. I took a curse on Schoolism (Jason Seiler) That helped a bit.. But he works from Photoshop.. We have Artrage.. That's hard to compare..
    Last edited by danny72; 09-29-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Yeah, I love your ability to nail the vast array of complexions and facial types in your many caricatures.

I could definitely see this guy's relatives pulling an oar on a longboat 900 years ago.

Nice one, Danny!
    Thank you :-)