Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Over the Horizon: will we see an Artrage 7 soon?

And it will be worth the wait it always is!

so excited!

Any day... Long live Artrage

Wink

Cheers 🥂 Good night

I hope ArtRage Vitae is not ArtRage 7 in disguise. I'll never buy anything in the shitty Windows Store!

Quote Originally Posted by steph View Post
    I hope ArtRage Vitae is not ArtRage 7 in disguise. I'll never buy anything in the shitty Windows Store!
    Not a fan of OS stores either. I only say that because I use to develop for OS X and then the guidelines of what could be done or how your app could function ended one of my apps from being developed on the Mac App Store. When developers start using the OS store for their only way of distribution, don't be surprised when you find new limitations of how your app can function. I now use Windows as I was not a fan of Apples dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Not a fan of OS stores either. I only say that because I use to develop for OS X and then the guidelines of what could be done or how your app could function ended one of my apps from being developed on the Mac App Store. When developers start using the OS store for their only way of distribution, don't be surprised when you find new limitations of how your app can function. I now use Windows as I was not a fan of Apples dictatorship.
    There are certainly some challenges to getting an application playing nicely with the respective stores - I'll not deny that.
    But I think we've done a good job of keeping all the existing stuff working (my bug reports will prove me wrong later...) and adding new functionality.

By moving to the App Stores we've made it easier for our customers. There's no more messing with downloading installers and DMGs. There's no more managing serial numbers (which you'd be surprised how many customers lose!). There's no more checking if new updates need to be downloaded or installed. That's all now managed by Apple and Microsoft. It also means schools automatically get discounts for students.

Our intention is to give in every was as good (well hopefully better!) application with ArtRage Vitae as we gave with ArtRage 6, but with the extra ease of managing licensing and installations, and updates.

We understand there are some people who refuse to use the Windows Store and Apple App store for applications. We'll continue to support ArtRage 6 for at least a few more years. And ArtRage 6 will remain available for purchase for new ArtRage people who dont want to buy in the Stores.

Thanks,
    Andy B.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    We understand there are some people who refuse to use the Windows Store and Apple App store for applications. We'll continue to support ArtRage 6 for at least a few more years. And ArtRage 6 will remain available for purchase for new ArtRage people who dont want to buy in the Stores.

Thanks,
    Andy B.
    As a developer myself, I understand why you want to use the OS stores, as I did once too. Anyway, I'm glad to see AR 6 will still be supported for some time. I hope the snap to grid feature gets fixed in it, like for Vitae and maybe HiDPI.