Thread: User Interface requests

User Interface requests

I would like to be able to remove the frame and pins on references or additional views, use the same keyboard shortcuts in additional views, and adjust or remove the clickable icons for options and such (replaced with keyboard modifier key and mouse combinations when the icon is turned off). Also, being able to change the shape of the reference window away from whatever is set by the image loaded would be nice, I might want to use it to functionally act as a cropped portion of that reference for compositional purposes.

If anyone else has some suggestions or requests that you would like to see on the UI of ArtRage, I strongly encourage adding to this thread to build upon these requests.
    Last edited by Delofasht; 09-18-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Bring back workbench mode: the best ever workflow feature in Artrage.
    and also re-sizeable panels.
    Working away from the studio used to be fun on my 10.1 inch tablet pc.
    Now it just too frustrating a nightmare because because the new interface takes most of the screen. Hiding the the panels doesn't make it better because of the fixed (Top) position of the Menu/Tool bar.
    It wouldn't be so bad if the tool/menu bar could be moved to other positions like left,right or down.
    It gets painful having to always move the hand up and to the left to click the tabs for color and tool selector panels especially if you are right handed like most people, as opposed to being able to have it on the right of the screen where the hand usually is.
    I really don't get why such useful features were removed ( it defies sense or logic), updates are supposed to make things better and not the other way round.

- Ability to automatically colour pick by left clicking on reference image

I would love to be able to move the toolbar from the left of the screen to the right. I am left handed and it would be much easier to have all of the options on the right of the screen so my hand isn't covering them up. is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by summerkatestudio View Post
    I would love to be able to move the toolbar from the left of the screen to the right. I am left handed and it would be much easier to have all of the options on the right of the screen so my hand isn't covering them up. is this possible?
    Hello summerkatestudio and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Yes, this is possible in the desktop versions of AR when in Docking mode.
    When you start to drag a panel around a “Docking” icon appears in the middle of the lefthand side of your screen.
    Drag & Drop the panel on this to dock it.
    If you have panels already docked to the righthand side you can release them by clicking the icon of a square with an arrow coming out of it, found top right of any panel.
    This will “float” the panel and you can drag it to the left Dock or to just let it float anywhere on your screen.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram