Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Grandpa on his Yahama Dragstar bike caricature finaly done!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    970

    Grandpa on his Yahama Dragstar bike caricature finaly done!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200907_210242_406.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	99919This one took some time. Can't wait to see the the drawing as a poster. Orded it today

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    24,533
    Looks great, Danny! I'm sure he'll be blown away.

    One small thing, for when you're printing, I would keep a margin with nothing of note in it. Some printers are not entirely precise with their reproduction. It's usually minor, but in this case it may put your signature very close to the edge and at risk. The other thing is that when it's framed it covers the edge a little. So that's just some considerations when you're filling a page.

    It may not be a problem though. And certainly his picture and the motorcycle are well inside.

    Really nice. I also have used photo elements in paintings to good effect. Yours looks perfect. But the best part of it is his head. It's excellent. I'm sure he will we well pleased as will your friend who's grandfather this is.

    Fine work!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Looks great, Danny! I'm sure he'll be blown away.

    One small thing, for when you're printing, I would keep a margin with nothing of note in it. Some printers are not entirely precise with their reproduction. It's usually minor, but in this case it may put your signature very close to the edge and at risk. The other thing is that when it's framed it covers the edge a little. So that's just some considerations when you're filling a page.

    It may not be a problem though. And certainly his picture and the motorcycle are well inside.

    Really nice. I also have used photo elements in paintings to good effect. Yours looks perfect. But the best part of it is his head. It's excellent. I'm sure he will we well pleased as will your friend who's grandfather this is.

    Fine work!
    This is the Instagram J-pec version.. I can't share a PNG file on this site with my mobile.. Maybe with a computer. Haven't tried that yet. Thank you for the nice words .I don't know what you mean by Photo elements.. it's not a photo. Everything you see is a drawing .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    24,533
    Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    . . . I don't know what you mean by Photo elements.. it's not a photo. Everything you see is a drawing .
    Wow. Very accurate and photographic. Great eye and a whole lot of patience. You certainly have shiny materials of different kinds working extremely well, particularly the chrome and headlight. Glad you clarified that for me. I honestly thought parts looked like parts of photos.

    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Wow. Very accurate and photographic. Great eye and a whole lot of patience. You certainly have shiny materials of different kinds working extremely well, particularly the chrome and headlight. Glad you clarified that for me. I honestly thought parts looked like parts of photos.

    This one I work on every evening and around 20 hours in the weekend. I think 50 hours together. . A professional company will make the poster.. . It's this man's 60th birthday. A present gives by his children. I wanted to make it as good as I could. Not my meaning to make it as a photo.. ..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14,718

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Danny, again-just love it. You are a fantastic artist!
    Thank you Alexandra :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •