Thread: Wacom One (pen display) with ArtRage

Wacom One (pen display) with ArtRage

Hello!

I have been using ArtRage for many years now (on PC), all these years with a small Wacom pen tablet.

I happened to see the smaller and cheaper Wacom One (pen display) the other day, and have been trying to find out more about it, especially in conjunction with ArtRage, but couldn't find anything.

Do we have any Wacom One users here, and if so, what do you think of it? How's it like to use ArtRage on it?
    Last edited by mats77; 08-28-2020 at 07:06 AM.

one thing that stands out to me about that model is the stylus lacking tilt (artrage pencil tool makes a very beautiful use of it) and optional add-ons i.e. rotation, but if you're looking to upgrade your painting experience with pressure-only based input, it might be the right choice for you.

personally, for painterly artwork style that artrage is mostly suited for I'd pick an intuos pro over wacom one.

if you're doing work with heavy emphasis on proportion and precision such as line-art, wacom one would be a better purchase.

Thank you nekomata for your thoughts and input!

I completely overlooked the tilt feature. I am glad you brought that to my attention. I was assuming One had it without looking it up. That is definitely I want to have on my next input device. My old Wacom pen tablet does not have tilt either.

Again, thanks!

with/without tilt recognition

Are you not talking about two different products here? The Wacom One pen display (with tilt recognition) and the One by Wacom pen tablet (without tilt recognition)

Compare wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/wacom-one
    and wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-tablets/one-by-wacom
    Last edited by Jules S.; 08-31-2020 at 09:58 PM. Reason: info added

Quote Originally Posted by Jules S. View Post
    Are you not talking about two different products here? The Wacom One pen display (with tilt recognition) and the One by Wacom pen tablet (without tilt recognition)

Compare wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/wacom-one
    and wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-tablets/one-by-wacom
    hi Jules,

thank you for correcting me!

we're both talking about wacom one pen display, but wacom website for my (non-US) region made no mention of the pen tilt on its product page.
    I assumed it only had 4k pen pressure pen with same technology as current entry-level intuos tablet with same pressure sensitivity and very similar stylus design.

After some consideration, I ended up buying a new pen tablet (not a pen display) - the Wacom Intous Pro (medium). I love it! It's a huge upgrade from the small one I had for so many years (can't remember it's name, but it was not a Pro model).

Thanks for the input given in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mats77 View Post
    After some consideration, I ended up buying a new pen tablet (not a pen display) - the Wacom Intous Pro (medium). I love it! It's a huge upgrade from the small one I had for so many years (can't remember it's name, but it was not a Pro model).

Thanks for the input given in this thread!
    Hello mats77 and congratulations on your new Wacom
    Just thought you might be interested in an old post I made as to how I have my old Intuos setup with AR: https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...177#post518177
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by nekomata View Post
    one thing that stands out to me about that model is the stylus lacking tilt (artrage pencil tool makes a very beautiful use of it) and optional add-ons i.e. rotation, but if you're looking to upgrade your painting experience with pressure-only based input, it might be the right choice for you.

personally, for painterly artwork style that artrage is mostly suited for I'd pick an intuos pro over wacom one.

if you're doing work with heavy emphasis on proportion and precision such as line-art, wacom one would be a better purchase.
    Thank you for your answer because I as a designer is very confused about the above problems.