Thread: Another Waterfall

Gallery
    View images

Another Waterfall

Suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steepfall_993.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	6833  

Gallery
    View images
    I think this great just the way it is! You've got your colors in harmony and a nice airy feel there. It's a bit on the abstract side but that's what makes it great. Viewers can find many different things in there. You are coming along very quickly Robert. Keep up the good work!
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Gallery
    View images
    Agreed. It's really cool. And you're moving fast as the water in this picture.

Reminds me of Chinese brush paintings of hills and mist in a way.

It doesn't need anything. And I especially like how you've divided your space. Good design.

But. . . when a question like this arises, my recommendation would be to save this one and to take advantage of digital and make versions to experiment with. It's always good to know what would happen if . . . (fill in the blanks) if you were to add an element or a stroke or two or a different color etc.

Were I to try something, I would perhaps use this as base and try adding a few things here and there. So perhaps something that was static and focused.

The contrast would more emphasize the opposite. So by introducing a slightly sharper defined branch with a couple leaves as an overlay, or to one side of the water (or vine or something you would expect/want to see), you would make the water go even faster, emphasizing a thematic element of elemental contrasts.

But again, your guess is as good as mine whether it's needed. Doing it is the only way of really knowing.

Versions.