Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Just some Penguins... And other animals...

Quote Originally Posted by LaFemmeDuLac View Post
    If I will be able to do such precise watercolors ever, wet in wet, or mixed style here on ArtRage like this hare? Actually I still struggle still with use of layers.
    LaFemmeDuLac you are too kind But I’m sure that in time you will be able to!

If you have specific problems or questions regarding Layers do feel free to ask over in the Technical section of these forums
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Almost my Cat

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    So this one originally started out as another watercolour.
    But it kept saying it wanted to be an oil painting. So I listened to the painting.
    Principle tools; Oil Brush, Knife, Custom Brush.

Attachment 100898
    "Going" through your great gallery is like visiting a real exhibition of pictures of one artist. I like it in your style and technique. And here I stay longer and watch because it is almost my female cat Trixey, which had to go 2016 with almost 19 years. She was my sister, because she was convinced to be a human. And tried to habit like we do. As I wrote somewhere else, I love animals.

Cheetahs

Yes, I know, it’s been awhile and I’ve not posted anything new here!

So to make amends; it's back to Africa again for this one and a couple of cheetahs this time!
    So far it's been a day of sun and heavy showers, but time now to stretch those muscles before looking for a bite to eat!
    Around 16’’ x 8’’. Mostly Watercolour brush and Knife blenders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cheetah Stretching.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	102617
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

German: Toll! Sehr gut gelungen

And I agree with you: I try and use every tool and colour, technique to receive the result I want to gain. If I should describe the paint-technique: Mixed technique, in German I often see it even in musea: Mixtechnik/Mischtechnik.
    I learned: Only the result is important. Our old and famous rock-star. Udo Lindenberg paints watercolours with liqueur and called them : Likörelle (from German: Aquarelle, pl.). His famous song you might have heard: " Und sonst ist wieder alles klar auf der Andrea Doria...) My teacher during studies grinded all from in and around the WW2 bunkers in her hometown and made watercolour pictures of it, sticked moss and trouvailles on the pictures, she found a lot. Or let tyres roll over huge wallpapers in all colours. But I'm not so brave nor do I desire to do like her.
    If somebody love to paint "icones" from the Orthox-Church-type for instant? It is fine too. Artists are free, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by LaFemmeDuLac View Post
    And I agree with you: I try and use every tool and colour, technique to receive the result I want to gain...

...If somebody love to paint "icones" from the Orthox-Church-type for instant? It is fine too. Artists are free, aren't they?
    Totally agree with you; at the end of the day it’s the finished painting that matters. Not which specific tools within AR were used.
    If/When I list the tools used in one of my paintings, it’s meant more as a guide as to which types I used most frequently in the painting, not a exhaustive list of all the tools used, as I know some people here like to know these things!

And yes, outside of possible commercial requirements, artists should always be free to portray the subjects that resonate with them and in the manner of their choosing!
    We won’t pleas everyone all the time or we may not pleas anyone! But we should always be true to our own visions.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Hi Markw I love your paintings especially this one of the cheetahs in Africa.
    I lived 15 years in Angola and these images bring back good memories
    Visit my website here

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    ...I lived 15 years in Angola and these images bring back good memories
    Oh wow, that’s interesting! We then are among the lucky ones Ana!
    My dad (sadly no longer with us) worked in Zimbabwe in the 80’s early 90’s and I was fortunate to be able to go out and visit.
    I think there is some deep genetic call within us all that you don’t know is there until you are in Africa. It was the birthplace of mankind after all.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram

Wonderful cheetahs Mark!

I have always said I don't dare go to Africa because I knew would never leave again. It is a deep call!!

Brett
    Kia whakatōmuri te haere whakamua (“I walk backwards into the future with my eyes fixed on my past”).

Tech stuff: 24" iMac M1: Wacom Intuos Pro L: iPad Pro 12.9"

Mark, all your paintings are beautiful and this is no exception. Some years ago I was privileged to get up close and personal with some 15mth old cheetah cubs at a Monarto Safari Park here in SthAust. They've had a special place in my heart ever since. https://www.monartosafari.com.au/animals/cheetah/
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Mark, all your paintings are beautiful and this is no exception. Some years ago I was privileged to get up close and personal with some 15mth old cheetah cubs at a Monarto Safari Park here in SthAust. They've had a special place in my heart ever since. https://www.monartosafari.com.au/animals/cheetah/
    Thanks June, and good to see you again how are you doing?!
    Thanks for the link, just been looking through Monarto’s website. Would love to go there, but a bit far for me I think!
    There are safari parks here of course that I’ve been to, but seeing African animals in an English setting just looks and feels a bit weird!
    At least Monartos’s setting is closer to the animals natural habitat and climate.
    Now one question dose spring to mind; how have you managed to resist painting us all here a cheetah cub or two?!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    On Instagram