Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Just some Penguins... And other animals...

Really beautiful barn owl. They have been blowing over from Oz for years, I believe, but about three or four years ago, I think, a breeding pair arrived and now we have about six pairs I believe. There’s lots of rats and mice here, so maybe they’ll help with Predator Free 2050!

Brett
    Kia whakatōmuri te haere whakamua (“I walk backwards into the future with my eyes fixed on my past”).

Tech stuff: 24" iMac M1: Wacom Intuos Pro L: iPad Pro 12.9"

I have just finished a book on the life of a pair of barn owls. I love their heart-shaped faces. Your painting is so sharp and clean with so much detail - I am so impressed with your talent. And I love your new background rendition.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

OK, I’m going to be a bit lazy here and combine multiple replies in one post!

@LaFem, yes I only just added the owl painting to this thread which is why you didn’t see it last time. Hope you like it!

@altimatître, thanks for commenting and I'm glad you like my owl too!
    Actually like all my other pictures in these forums it is all 100% ArtRage!
    And yes well spotted, that is a copyright watermark at the bottom there hiding in the grass!
    If you look closely at all my other images I’ve posted here, they too have one in them! But I try to keep them discreet, so that they don’t distract the viewer.

@Brett, wow so these guys have even blown over to NZ from Oz! Amazing!
    Yes, it would be nice to think that now they are in NZ they would confine themselves to eating just the invasive pests that they are familiar with eating.
    But I worry about what they will turn their attention to once that natural diet has been exhausted?
    I somehow doubt that once they have realized what a nice place NZ is to live in, that they will just pack up and go back to Oz!

And talking of Oz…
    @June, thanks for the kind comments June, always appreciated
    Yes very strange that we have both been immersed in the world of owls at the same time! The Universe moves in mysterious ways…!
    Now I know Barn Owls are the most globally widespread of the species but are they native to Oz Or did we Brits misguidedly introduce them there too back in the day...
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

The Eastern Barn Owl is widespread in Australia. The barn owl has been introduced into the Hawaiian island of Kauai to control rodents unfortunately, it has been found to also feed on native birds.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 210
Size:  418.3 KB
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

done with artrage ! congratulations ! it is beautifull !
    you need wind to fly over heart
    my artstation page :
    https://www.artstation.com/blowthier

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    … The barn owl has been introduced into the Hawaiian island of Kauai to control rodents unfortunately, it has been found to also feed on native birds
    Yikes! I didn’t want to hear that!

Brett
    Kia whakatōmuri te haere whakamua (“I walk backwards into the future with my eyes fixed on my past”).

Tech stuff: 24" iMac M1: Wacom Intuos Pro L: iPad Pro 12.9"

Two Kingfishers

Once again too long a time has passed since I last posted anything here!
    Hope this adds a little something to someones day
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingfishers.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	103145
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Well Mark, it's certainly given me pleasure this evening and I realise that I haven't painted since I lost my furry friends and the new babe is making it hard for me to sit at the computer - he wants to chase the cursor!

But back to your lovely painting of the kingfishers - it's so delicate yet detailed and the suggestion of water is the perfect addition to an already perfect picture. Bravo!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Me to

Hi Marc, fine to get this message from you. Astoningly not by a pigion but by very beautiful birds which do not have their biotop here. Concerning me I to loaded up just one picture and concidered myself as lazy. But I realized it's contemporarly a global symptom? Have a nice inspiring time though.

Lovely drawing! the colours are light, like the bird, and clear, like the water it's diving into, it's all so refreshing! thank you!
    Last edited by altimaître; 08-08-2023 at 09:50 PM.
    you need wind to fly over heart
    my artstation page :
    https://www.artstation.com/blowthier