Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just some Penguins... And other animals...

So much attention to detail. I can tell you spent a lot of time on these illustrations, not like me - churning one out almost every day! They are so beautiful. You are very talented, have you had artistic training? Thanks for showing.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    "... have you had artistic training?
    Well, I suppose yes, though perhaps not in the way you maybe thinking!

I trained as a stone carver/mason many years ago. But I’ve also been a mosaicist and a stained glass restorer too since then.
    All of which require a degree of visualising 3D & 2D forms in your head, as well as working ideas out in clay or paper and pencil. And of course there is the constant flow of ideas and techniques you pick up from the people you are fortunate enough work with.
    So perhaps inevitably all that then leads one into drawing and painting for it’s own sake.

And then came along computers and a whole new digital medium to play in that doesn’t require any special dedicated space, consumable items or cleaning up at the end of the day!
    But more importantly with computers came the internet and instant access to the sum of all the worlds art and the knowledge and teaching of many of it’s creators past and present.
    But as you know the learning/training never really stops, every time we pick up a tool, however ambitious the project or simple the doodling around, we learn and grow a little bit more.

So now, what's your story…?
    Last edited by markw; 01-04-2021 at 06:14 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 6.1.1 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.14.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M

Sorry Mark that I didn't get back to you.

Not much of a story really. No art training - not even a subject at school in my day. For many years I was a member of a Paintshop Pro forum administered by a woman in Holland. Who became an online friend and I eventually visited. We didn't paint as such but followed tutorials for making tags.

I eventually bought a Wacom Bamboo One (which I still use) and with it came ArtRage 2. I didn't bother with AR until I joined another forum and then I started using AR. From there I discovered the ArtRage Community where I am today.

While I don't know the whys and wherefores of painting, I have always been able to copy. Briefly, I was a member of a very small acrylic painting group held in a private home. My uncle could paint tho not professionally and my father could draw, so maybe it's in the genes. I also think my love of animals has inspired me.

So there it is!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/