Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Artrage 6 brushes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Custom Artrage 6 brushes

Hi guys. I just got Artrage 6 and was playing around with the brushes... Here are a few oil painters for you!

The loose texture brushes are very similar. play around with them to see the difference.\

To get a good texture effect with the medium texture brushes and the heavy texture with blending brush, I recommend using short strokes.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...6p?usp=sharing

Sample - real color blending was off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IG.jpeg 
Views:	465 
Size:	319.3 KB 
ID:	99578  
    Last edited by Confusionofconformity; 08-14-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Hi Confusionofconformity!

Nice Stuff! Have to test it a little more, but it looks verry useful. Thanx for it!

no prob. some of the differences between them are subtle.

How to instal the brushes please ?

Hi,

Was expecting .abr files.
    How to instal the .prs files linked please ?

Thank you.

All the best

Kris.

Hello Kris and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    No, AR mostly uses it’s own .prs format for brushes. It can use .abr brushes, though they need a bit of setting after installing. But that’s probably a topic for another time!
    With these Custom Brush presets, once you have unzipped the download you need to put the 2 folders; SLR Painters and SLR Texture Brushes into the Custom Brush presets folder in AR.
    To do this, launch AR6 and in the Menubar go to; Tools > Brows Content Folders > Tool Presets…
    In the window that opens find the 'Custom Brush' folder and place the two new folders containing the presets in there.
    Now relaunch AR6 and the SLR brushes will be available from the Presets Panel when using the Custom Brush.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello Kris and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    No, AR mostly uses it’s own .prs format for brushes. It can use .abr brushes, though they need a bit of setting after installing. But that’s probably a topic for another time!
    With these Custom Brush presets, once you have unzipped the download you need to put the 2 folders; SLR Painters and SLR Texture Brushes into the Custom Brush presets folder in AR.
    To do this, launch AR6 and in the Menubar go to; Tools > Brows Content Folders > Tool Presets…
    In the window that opens find the 'Custom Brush' folder and place the two new folders containing the presets in there.
    Now relaunch AR6 and the SLR brushes will be available from the Presets Panel when using the Custom Brush.
    Thank you for your answer.
    I wanted to write : expected .arpack files instead of .abr. Just tired sometime.
    it works.

Thank you very much.

Question just one queston

@Confusionofconformity
    Thanx for interesting brushes!
    Just one question:
    What is "SLR old oil brush.prs copy" and where should I put it for proper use?

Hi Drayldan!

I think that is a mistake. Should work if you only delete the " copy" (don't forget to delete even the space before "copy") and install the brush just like the others.

sorry I didn't notice I had replies to this

Thanks to everyone who answered peoples questions for me!

Glad you guys like the brushes. In practical use, I wasn't as happy with the brushes personally but I find them very useful for adding additional texture towards the end of a painting.

I will sometimes add a new layer that is just for texture. I set the layer to one of the transparent blend modes (multiply, darken, overlay, lighten, etc) and I paint over areas that I want more texture. soemtimes I play with other colors as well to add visual interest. You can play with the transparency of the layer to get either more or less of an effect. Here's an example where I used this effect with the native oil paints:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69E1E079-5005-4D02-B5D5-7BC68D4BBF0F_1_105_c.jpeg 
Views:	261 
Size:	284.5 KB 
ID:	101529

You could use a similar method with my texture brushes to add what looks like a thicker paint texture (to add both the highlights and the shadows in the texture of the brush, use overlay blend mode, and to only add shadows, use multiply/darken, and to only add highlights, use lighten modes). I believe I used color burn for this one because I wanted a more vibrant effect. (this painting was done in artrage 5 I believe).