Thread: Peace and Quiet

Peace and Quiet

Made my own personal leave brushes. Played about with them.

Used a reference picture/painting from Michael James Smith. (check him out)

Rust slowly fallin away and Im picking up techniques and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lscapesat4.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	99552ability again
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Great brushes - I especially like how you painted the tree on the right and the water is just wow! The sky is beautiful too.

I have long been a fan of Michael James but would never have the patience to paint every blade of grass and leaf like he does.

I think you would have many takers if you decided to share your brushes - hint, hint.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Really terrific, Enchanter.

Enjoying the moment tremendously. Those brushes are working out for you. I'm with June in that the tree on the right particularly is a fantastic treatment. I like the mix between airy painterly indication and detailed up with leaves on a closer plane.

The overall effect of the location setting is very pleasing and refreshing where I feel nature in one of its relaxed states has it all in hand.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi. Enchanter. Blown my mind ok but I’m afraid Hi/tec stuff. Like. The brushes are way beyond my caperbilty as l’m much

To old to try ok. CIAO PLOOS. HASTA LA VISTA. SLAINTE

Thank you for your wonderful comment Enug

The other guy I look to is Andrew Tishler ( I think that's the spelling)

I will work out how to save the brush designs for distribution for the Community.

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Great brushes - I especially like how you painted the tree on the right and the water is just wow! The sky is beautiful too.

I have long been a fan of Michael James but would never have the patience to paint every blade of grass and leaf like he does.

I think you would have many takers if you decided to share your brushes - hint, hint.
    Enchanter
    My artist friend

Hey there Dakey

I am always encouraged by your comments.

I will 'up my game' again

I realised that its how and when to use the brushes that count.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Really terrific, Enchanter.

Enjoying the moment tremendously. Those brushes are working out for you. I'm with June in that the tree on the right particularly is a fantastic treatment. I like the mix between airy painterly indication and detailed up with leaves on a closer plane.

The overall effect of the location setting is very pleasing and refreshing where I feel nature in one of its relaxed states has it all in hand.
    Enchanter
    My artist friend

Hey there Bloke Eighty+
    Thank you

All respect to you for your daily sketches!

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi. Enchanter. Blown my mind ok but I’m afraid Hi/tec stuff. Like. The brushes are way beyond my caperbilty as l’m much

To old to try ok. CIAO PLOOS. HASTA LA VISTA. SLAINTE
    Enchanter
    My artist friend