Thread: A pot of geraniums

A pot of geraniums

Painted in oil with some airbrushing. Texture of flowers and leaves were painted with one of SEA's custom brushes. Thanks so much for these brushes.

Name:  Geraniums in pot.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  76.3 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

SEA = Special Edition ArtRage? Or is it a user who posted some downloadable brushes?

Anyway, the flowers are awesome. I have some growing in my front yard and they're even this color. So I can say it's giving the impression of geraniums quite nicely, June. That particular flower would be challenging to render each little iteration of petal. Bet it was most satisfying to find a great tool to use that does the trick so nicely.
    Last edited by D Akey; 08-08-2020 at 03:47 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A brilliant still life. Love the impasto look of the leaves and the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Painted in oil with some airbrushing. Texture of flowers and leaves were painted with one of SEA's custom brushes. Thanks so much for these brushes.

Name:  Geraniums in pot.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  76.3 KB
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Thank you DA and Enchanter. I am sure the brushes were offered here and they are all prefixed with SEA. The brush is "SEA Lay it on Thick".

Geraniums are generally not valued here in Aus. They are so easy to grow without any special attention. In fact, often neglect leads to them being woody looking. They need a good cut back from time to time. I notice the plant nurseries are promoting newer less rangy varieties now. However, they are a cheerful splash of colour.
    Last edited by Enug; 08-08-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]