Thread: Just starting out....

1. Just starting out....

Hi Im just starting to transition from traditional painting to digital....
    I've created 20 mostly experimenting so far, its a steep learning curve but amazing and fun... an NO WASHING BRUSHES

Anyhow here's one I practised with. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sea.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	301.8 KB 
ID:	99433

Blimey Courtny Your like a Duck taking to water CIAO Ploos SLAINTE

3. Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Blimey Courtny Your like a Duck taking to water CIAO Ploos SLAINTE
    Ha, The learning curve for a traditional brush user is vertical! Thank you for the encouragement. Never enough hours in the day

Very cool. Love the transition across the canvas. You sound very energetic behind going digital, and as you say, think of all the time you can save not having to deal with clean up.

I have no doubt, based on what I can see, that you will find infinite possibilities in the digital medium.

Another really cool advantage with working digitally is that you can easily do variations and explore all forks in the road whereas with traditional one would often have to make a choice and follow only that one owing to the practicalities of committing to a mark with no [Undo] command. This is a very forgiving medium.

Welcome and I look forward to seeing many more.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

5. Red face

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very cool. Love the transition across the canvas. You sound very energetic behind going digital, and as you say, think of all the time you can save not having to deal with clean up.

I have no doubt, based on what I can see, that you will find infinite possibilities in the digital medium.

Another really cool advantage with working digitally is that you can easily do variations and explore all forks in the road whereas with traditional one would often have to make a choice and follow only that one owing to the practicalities of committing to a mark with no [Undo] command. This is a very forgiving medium.

Welcome and I look forward to seeing many more.
    That's so very kind of you. Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I'm a little like a kid in a sweet shop at present and finding it can all be a little to much chew on LOL... my impatience to become a master in a few hours is not an good quality!

Can I ask a question.

When placing a rectangle, ellipse, polygon etc they have a flashing border. After filling said placement with colour or whatever the border remains flashing and I cant find how to escape from it! There must be a way?
    No doubt this a is a laugh inducing question but its beating me at present. I've tried reading the manual but cant find an answer.
    So far I am loving this experience. And I've convinced my daughter she needs to get Artrage, she bought the tablet version the PC is next.

I've completed another piece so will post it up shortly

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Can I ask a question.

When placing a rectangle, ellipse, polygon etc they have a flashing border. After filling said placement with colour or whatever the border remains flashing and I cant find how to escape from it! There must be a way?
    No doubt this a is a laugh inducing question but its beating me at present. I've tried reading the manual but cant find an answer.
    If I understand you, it depends what platform you're using. On Windows to deselect you hit [Ctrl + D] the Control key and the D key at the same time. On Mac instead it's [Cmd + D].

Might I offer that when you have technical questions like this the best forum section to ask in is Techniques. You can ask or just watch other questions. . . and eventually answer some too once you know the way that will help someone along. Or you can ask as you did anywhere. But people go there specifically for these kinds of questions.

Some techniques and commands transfer among devices but there are some features that are not for all devices too.

Anyway, have fun with it! Sounds like you're already doing so.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

7. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    If I understand you, it depends what platform you're using. On Windows to deselect you hit [Ctrl + D] the Control key and the D key at the same time. On Mac instead it's [Cmd + D].

Might I offer that when you have technical questions like this the best forum section to ask in is Techniques. You can ask or just watch other questions. . . and eventually answer some too once you know the way that will help someone along. Or you can ask as you did anywhere. But people go there specifically for these kinds of questions.

Some techniques and commands transfer among devices but there are some features that are not for all devices too.

Anyway, have fun with it! Sounds like you're already doing so.
    I use Windows and that's excellent thank you so much. Yes I will take your advice and try the Techniques forum for my next tech questions, which now you say it sounds perfectly logical. Its an age thing! :-)
    Have a great weekend.