Thread: Can you hide pods while painting in artrage 6?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can you hide pods while painting in artrage 6?

The tab key reduces the tool panel and the color picker to pod size but does not clear the screen. Docking puts all the panels and pods in the menu bar but does not clear the screen.
    I there any way in AR6 to clear the screen of all the pods, panels, and the menu bar? Hopefully it is a shortcut key stroke.
    Thanks, Carl

Hi carlcath!

In the Docking Mode (Menu "View" > "Interface Mode" >) the TAB hides all Docks. But it doesn't hide Stencils, Reference Images, Guides and Stuff like that. A totally cleaned View Mode, that only shows the Image by just one Button or Click, doesn't exist, as far as I can see. So I think, if you want an absolutely cleaned Canvas, you will have to hide all those Elements step by step.

One thing you can do, if your hardware allows you a degree of shortcut customisation, to clear more of the onscreen reference clutter is to “double up” (or even more!) key commands into one button.
    I’ve done this on both my Wacom and my Mac’s Touch Bar.
    One button to Hide the UI + Reference images and one to bring it all back again.
    To Hide = Shift+cmd+H+TAB
    To Return = Shift+cmd+R+TAB
    (On the Wacom for some unknown reason the TAB command has to come last in the sequence)
    Hiding any other open undocked Panels at the same time as well though, is I’ve found, pretty much impossible as there is no consistency as to which panels will be open and undocked at any given time while I’m painting.
    But if you do always have specific undocked panels open then I can’t see why you couldn’t set commands for them to add to the Hide/Show trigger sequence.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Smile Thanks for the help

I have been using a 18 inch laptop with a 2 nd monitor that is 27 inches so this was not a issue at all. Recently, I got a Surface Pro to use outside and those screens are only about 12 inches or so which makes real estate on the really valuable. I was hoping for a way to use the classic interface and a one click shortcut to hide all panels and pods. It is not that difficult to use the tab key and then move the screen but a one or two keystroke shortcut would have been nice.
    Thanks for the help.
    Carl

"... but a one or two keystroke shortcut would have been nice."

Yes, that would be fine. Many other programs offer this opportunity (in most cases "F11", as far as I see), and I'm not sure, but I think ArtRage 4 also did. In ArtRage 4, there was also the opportunity to scale the panels, as far as I remember. That was helpful. But since ArtRage 5 this doesn't exist anymore. Maybe you should add this point to the "Suggestions"-Category.

Quote Originally Posted by carlcath View Post
    The tab key reduces the tool panel and the color picker to pod size but does not clear the screen. Docking puts all the panels and pods in the menu bar but does not clear the screen.
    I there any way in AR6 to clear the screen of all the pods, panels, and the menu bar? Hopefully it is a shortcut key stroke.
    Thanks, Carl
    I have been using ArtRage for years, and would really love to see this exact kind of feature. Too bad that the current one (Tab) just clears certain elements and not all of them. Hopefully someone at Ambient Design sees this...