Thread: Wax eyes and a Greek urn.

Wax eyes and a Greek urn.

I haven’t posted for a long time. I used to post as ‘hypotaxis’ but that login seems to have gone AWOL. I got quite nasty arthritis in my hands and had to stop painting, but fortunately I have been rescued by a great naturopath and now my hands are back at 90% functioning again. So this is my first painting for quite a while.

As always comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

Brett

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6A1AF3D6-E90B-4766-B9E3-E1F8E69A2196.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	99285

Beautiful design and I love the colors. Very tasty texture too. Reminiscent of Tiffany glass. Do you design stained glass? Would be really cool to see the light coming through it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Paredale Looks Great pleased about your Hands congrats My trouble is my Legs and as I spend

A lot of time setting Drawing it don't do them any good and when The Nurse'es come they always

say have you been keeping your Legs up high and I slink away ok CIAO Ploos

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Beautiful design and I love the colors. Very tasty texture too. Reminiscent of Tiffany glass. Do you design stained glass? Would be really cool to see the light coming through it.
    Thanks Mr Dakey! No, I haven’t ventured into stained glass, but Tiffany glass is beautiful. It has a wonderful nostalgia about it. Until my hands became painful I had gone back to using paint and paper. A scan of one is below. I’ll work with ArtRage for a while, and the see where I go :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBE68FA9-351B-4893-A937-684463FC0716.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	267.2 KB 
ID:	99309

Aah, the legs! No good 80+, but I’m sure the nurses love you anyway. Painting is good for the soul!

Ah! I do like the watercolor! Hope the hands get more easy on you. Keep painting whichever is the line of least resistance for ya. Jean Renoir suffered such a problem, yet he had brushes strapped to his hands by his nephews or sons or whoever would do it for him. I think if the love of it's there one can find a way. Digital seems the most promising with accessibility features and so forth.

Looking forward to see lots more. You're clearly gifted.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    ... Looking forward to see lots more. You're clearly gifted.
    Thank you, that’s very generous, and encouraging!