Thread: chromatic scale

chromatic scale

How can I simulate adding white to a color to make a chromatic scale? (not with a gradient) but in an "artistic" way
    (Sorry for my English)

thank!

Hi leo!

You could, for example, use the Watercolor-Tool for it. First choose the canvas WaterColor Paper in the Menu of the Canvas Settings window, under Paper. Then choose the Watercolor Tool and a Preset like Low Blending or Heavy Blead and paint a color spot on the canvas. chioose another color and paint it near to the first one and blend both into each other.

You could even do something similar with the Oil Brush. For that, I would choose the Preset Unclean Brush. In this case the colors will not flow into each other on the canvas as much as the watercolors do. In this case, the color mixing almost happens on the brush head. So that, when you paint with the more and more mixed color it will also be blended on the canvas. It's not easy to describe to me, cause english is not my mothers tongue.

Anyay you can do similar things even with the Custom Brush or the Airbrush (wich will look verry smooth and, I think, not as artistic as you want). And finally you could try the Pastel Tool to paint two spots in different colors and blend them with one of the Palette Knifes.

gracias

thanks for your help! I'll try!
    what is your mother language ???