Thread: Artwork orientation / rotation keeps changing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Layer orientation -

I'm having a similar issue. I used Artrage desktop for years and just loved it, and now, I'm working on Artrage Vitae on my iPad Pro 12.9 version 14.4.2. My layers seem to be on their side. I can't figure what I'm doing to cause this. I often start a canvas in Portrait mode, and then turn my iPad to horizontal to work. Just not sure if it is a bug? or if Artrage just wants to be worked in one specific orientation or the orientation you start with. I just tried turning my art with pinch turn, every which way, and the layer always appears sideways.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0758.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	101688

I use Vitae on android and I also notice this rotational issue. If I start off in landscape and then rotate to portrait the canvas remains in the landscape orientation and therefore is at a 90 degree angle, as is any reference. I can rotate them back round to align with portrait mode but when a 2 finger canvas reset is activated it resets back to landscape which can be frustrating when accidentally activating when zooming the canvas with 2 finger zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaucers View Post
    I use Vitae on android and I also notice this rotational issue. If I start off in landscape and then rotate to portrait the canvas remains in the landscape orientation and therefore is at a 90 degree angle, as is any reference. I can rotate them back round to align with portrait mode but when a 2 finger canvas reset is activated it resets back to landscape which can be frustrating when accidentally activating when zooming the canvas with 2 finger zoom.
    Yes, at this point this feature requires considerable effort!