Thread: Artwork orientation / rotation keeps changing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Artwork orientation / rotation keeps changing

Hello, I've been using ArtRage for several years, but this problem seems to have appeared with iOS 13. I'm currently working on a 9.7 inch iPad Pro on iOS 13.5.1 and I just don't understand why this is happening. The problem is that the orientation of my artwork keeps changing.

There is definitely something going wrong with the layer orientation. I just carefully set up a piece in Landscape orientation and I didn't even close it, but only set it down for awhile. So the iPad did sleep with ArtRage open. Now it is turned so that I'm stuck with a landscape piece in portrait orientation.

AND- as I was writing this, I set it down for awhile, NOW IT IS UPSIDE DOWN IN PORTRAIT MODE (SEE PHOTO).

This is just a reference composition sketch, but this happens over and over again. What is wrong with ArtRage? I shouldn't have to lock the orientation of my screen, should I? If saved, the sketch appears correctly in landscape orientation in the gallery, but when I open it, it indicates the 'top' is again in portrait orientation. What changed between Apple and ArtRage in iOS 13? Is there any way I can lock down the orientation inside ArtRage?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orientation-bug.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	99219
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2134.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	99217