Thread: Painting on imported image without tracing paper

Painting on imported image without tracing paper

I noticed that I can paint directly on an imported image and pick up the underlying colors. Is this a normal default thing?
    I like it better than using Tracing Paper. Is there a way to return to this mode if I choose to use the color picker briefly?

[QUOTE=Glenn Schot;533533]I noticed that I can paint directly on an imported image and pick up the underlying colors. Is this a normal default thing?
    I like it better than using Tracing Paper. This works in Oils, Dry Clumps- Loading off, am checking other brushes, but does not seem to work in dry varnish...M-m-m

Hi Glenn Schot!

Dry Varnish is a preset to paint opaque and dry, so that what you paint will not mix up with the colour from the background. If you just deactivate the checkbox Insta-Dry in the Settings Panel, this will change. How your painting will interact with the background color depends on the Settings of the painting tool you use. But that only works with the colours that are on a layer. The colours you paint with will never mix up with the colour of the canvas. The canvas colours can only shimmer through the painting if you paint with lesser opacity than 100%.