Thread: [AR6] bug report: selection issue in combination with ruler

[AR6] bug report: selection issue in combination with ruler

Hi there,
    I am using the latest ArtRage 6.1.2. for Windows 10 64bit version. When I use the selection tool in combination with ruler and I call redo function the last selection change and I can't have the last selection again. So, I have to reselect again. This is very inconvenient. Is this bug already familar?

Hi HugothePainter!

I checked it out and it seems that it doesn't happen to me. What sort of selection do you mean? What kind of ruler did you use? And what did you want to do? As far as I could see, to paint with the "Paint Area" selection tool doesn't work as with normal painting tools. Even the Ruler Mode behaves like the Guide Mode. The Stencil Mode doesn't have any effect on the selection. I'm not sure if that should be that way. Possibly a bug. But I can undo and redo every selection in a normal way, as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Hi HugothePainter!

I checked it out and it seems that it doesn't happen to me. What sort of selection do you mean? What kind of ruler did you use? And what did you want to do? As far as I could see, to paint with the "Paint Area" selection tool doesn't work as with normal painting tools. Even the Ruler Mode behaves like the Guide Mode. The Stencil Mode doesn't have any effect on the selection. I'm not sure if that should be that way. Possibly a bug. But I can undo and redo every selection in a normal way, as far as I can see.
    Thanks a lot for the quick response. Please try out: If you select something in the canvas after that use ruler and delete the ruler again. Then You'll see that the area wher the ruler was is also selected. I guess this is a bug. As I already told You can't redo this new selection (the area of ruler). I hope You can see the issue.

OK, I did the following: I dragged the Ruler on the canvas and painted a brush stroke (Watercolour) along it. Than I created a selection across a part the Ruler and the painted area. After that I deleted the Ruler. The selection is still as it should be. The Ruler didn't have any effect on it. So it seems that this happens only to you. I think you should ask the ArtRage-Supporters for it: https://www.artrage.com/get-support/.

But maybe before you do this, check out another idea. Could the problem possibly have to do with hidden Guidelines you dragged before to position the Ruler? Maybe the selections snap to those Guidelines (or Grids).

As an additional information: I use ArtRage 6.1.2, 64 Bit on Windows 10 too.