Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error Message Can't Open art rage

Think so Mark. But thank you so much for your help. One thing I have considered is exporting or saving custom brushes and stencil sedately and then reinstalling the app. I'm going to wait until I hear from support before doing anything else. Very frustrating. Ah well. Thanks chuck. x

Sorted! Took seconds to sort out. AR preferences file corrupted. Again, thanks for your help Mark. I must say I'm very impressed by ARsupport. Kudos to Ambient.

That’s fantastic news!!! Glad it was a really simple fix too!
    Shall have to remember that in the future in case it happens again to someone else here on the forums.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I don't get it. How to fix this issue? I'd reinstall the AR still doesn't work. Please help, I'm so frustrating to complete the deadline.

Hello Pria and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    On a Mac, the damaged file that Hey Ottist replaced is probably the one to be found here: /Users/your name here/Library/Application Support/Ambient Design/ArtRage/ArtRage6.prs
    If the ArtRage6.prs file is deleted before launching ArtRage 6, ArtRage will auto generate a new one when it is next launched, effectively resetting the User Interface back to it’s “factory” default look.
    But whether this is the file Hey Ottist replaced to fix their problem I can’t say for sure as I have never experienced this problem myself. Hopefully they will post back and say if it was this file or not causing the problem.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello Pria and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    On a Mac, the damaged file that Hey Ottist replaced is probably the one to be found here: /Users/your name here/Library/Application Support/Ambient Design/ArtRage/ArtRage6.prs
    If the ArtRage6.prs file is deleted before launching ArtRage 6, ArtRage will auto generate a new one when it is next launched, effectively resetting the User Interface back to it’s “factory” default look.
    But whether this is the file Hey Ottist replaced to fix their problem I can’t say for sure as I have never experienced this problem myself. Hopefully they will post back and say if it was this file or not causing the problem.
    Yes that's right. It fixed my problem. I would strongly recommend contacting support as the reason for your problem could be different. I now have a new problem though - for another thread.

It sounds like you might have a corrupted ArtRage preferences file.
    To delete the ArtRage preferences file, first make sure ArtRage isn’t running – you might have to force-quit ArtRage from the dock menu.
    From your MacOS file explorer menu:
    1. Click on the Go Menu.
    2. Hold down the Option key - This adds a Library item to the menu. Select that.
    3. Open Application Support / Ambient Design / ArtRage
    The ArtRage6.PRS is in there.
    Move the ArtRage6.prs file to the trash.
    When you start ArtRage it will start up with the default settings.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"