Thread: Toolbox not saving with ptg file

Toolbox not saving with ptg file

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I created several custom toolboxes that have become part of my regular workflow. I love that toolboxes can be saved with the image file, but lately, it has stopped working. I would love to hear of any solutions or rumors of solutions. :-)

P.S. Hi to any from the old days who might recall me. I'm still alive and painting in ArtRage.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Hi Fashmir!

Most times I have no problems with it. The toolbox opens with the image it belongs to, just as it should. But some time ago I had some images opened and worked on one of them for a little longer. And after I closed ArtRage and restartet it, one of the other images opened with the wrong toolbox. So I opened the right toolbox, saved the image and everything was fine again. Possibly a bug. I don't remember that verry well, so I can't give closer informations. I also remember that sometimes images open without any tollboxes, even I created one for them. But it wasn't a bigger problem for me so far. As I remarked repeatedly, ArtRage doesn't remember the path where the image files and the toolboxes are stored (except for the "Recent Files"-Function). That makes it needlessly complicated, because you have to search for the right folder to find the toolboxes. And maybe this is also one reason for the problem.

Hi David, how could we forget you! Good to see you around here again

To your question though, I have no problems saving Toolboxes with paintings, works every time for me.
    But…
    I find there are problems with Toolboxes when working on multiple paintings in AR6.1.1
    Example:
    Painting A has a Toolbox saved with it from a previous session. It loads correctly when the painting is opened.
    Now I open painting B. It has a different Toolbox saved with it and it too loads correctly.
    Switch back to painting A and now painting A’s Toolbox has been replaced with painting B’s Toolbox.
    If painting A's toolbox is re-loaded, when I go back to painting B it now has painting A's Toolbox! And so on...
    I’m pretty sure Toolboxes are supposed to be painting specific and not Global!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thanks @Somerset and @markw! I work with multiple files open all the time now. I bet that is the weak spot. Do you guys get much interaction from Ambient Design here on the forums anymore? I've been away from the forums more than I prefer, but not away from ArtRage. I still use it as one of the flagship tools in my kit for the PC. Thanks again.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Sadly we don’t tend to see Ambient staff on the forums so much these days, though I think they do keep an eye on the forums still.
    I must confess that I had thought to report this lack of Toolboxes “sticking” when working on multiple files before, but as it's not a huge part of my workflow, it keeps slipping my mind!
    I shall make amends and pen an email to support forthwith before I forget again!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram