Thread: Lock canvas rotation?

Lock canvas rotation?

Hey all!

On and off for years I've been trying to get used to doing digital art. It takes a lot less space and is a lot less messy than traditional art. I've dabbled slightly with ArtRage since version 2.

I'm using it on a more modern tablet now and it's nice to be able to draw with one hand and navigate the canvas with with my other hand. Dragging it around and zooming. I would like to be able to lock the horizontal on the canvas so while I'm dragging and zooming I also don't twist the canvas. Is there a way to do that? Thanks!

Hi briwayjones!

I don't know how it works with the touchpad-function of the tablet, because I never liked how it works with my tablet. I find it verry inconvenient. So I don't use it. With the stylus you can move the canvas just by holding the button of your stylus, that is defined for it (in my case it is the second button - the back-button). On the mouse it is the right button. To twist, you have to press the Alt-Button of your keyboard additionally. To scale the canvas-preview, you have to press the Shift-Button additionally.

Alternatively you can use the Canvas-Positioner-Tool. If you drag the arrowcross in that tool with the mouse/stylus, you move the canvas. If you drag/click the magnifyer-symbols, you can scale the canvas-preview. And if you drag the angle-scale, you can twist the canvas-preview.
    Last edited by Somerset; 06-09-2020 at 12:28 AM.