Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's the Complete Artrage 6 manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    More detailed instructions can be found here in a manual for AR6 which may help.
    Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    In addition to June’s AR6 link I would also offer this more general one:
    While some of the entries refer to past versions of AR they are still relevant to AR6 & Vitae when it comes to the core tools and functions found in AR as a whole.
    Thank you both for your suggestions. I hope ArtRage are making progress on the new manual - having everything in one searchable document is what I hope for.

-Leroy

Hi

OP here and although I appreciate everyone chiming in,... my original question still hasn't been answered or addressed. There is NO information anywhere regarding the Texture section of the Brush Designer. Someone at Artrage Central.... please help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Porter View Post
    Hi

OP here and although I appreciate everyone chiming in,... my original question still hasn't been answered or addressed. There is NO information anywhere regarding the Texture section of the Brush Designer. Someone at Artrage Central.... please help!!
    Hi Eric,

I figured it out at one point but it is too hard to explain. I suggest you create a black and white square bitmap with text in it, perhaps something that says

This is
    a repeating
    pattern

Set it as the grain.

Then using a brush head that you understand very well, or is maybe a single solid circle, start playing with the grain settings. You'll notice the text will "modify" the application of your brush head (sort of like a stamp or as they call it a brush "grain") in different ways.

This is pretty useful because it is like a third feature in addition to the brush head and the grain of the paper.

Ooooh!! This is a great idea DarkOwnt; thanks for the suggestion!!