Thread: Where's the Complete Artrage 6 manual?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where's the Complete Artrage 6 manual?

Hi Artrage Team,

I love your product.... as a transplant from Photoshop, Artrage's natural media simulation is the best on the market! A humble suggestion; when utilizing an art software I like to be EXTREMELY well versed in it's mechanics (I was obsessive when learning Photoshop and it served me well as a user), but in my attempts to learn Artrage with the same vigor, I am having a hard time finding the necessary information for certain tools. For instance, I can't seem to find a complete manual on the upgrades from Artrage 5 to Artrage 6... specifically in regards to the new 'Texture' section of the 'Brush Designer' and the abliities/limitions regarding 'Actions' (the verbage in the interface is somewhat confusing).

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 3.19.58 PM.png
Views: 3856
Size:  262.1 KB

Help!! I love Artrage... but the lack of clear and complete instruction regarding ALL aspects of the interface is not conducive to making this wonderful tool accesible to more people. Am I just looking in the wrong places?!

Thanks for your attention,
    -Eric

Still looking...

Hi. Just still tooling around...

Hi Eric!

As far as I know, a complete ArtRage 6 manual doesn't exist. I agree with you that especially the Brush Designer of the Custom Brush isn't easy to understand, but by testing the adjustments one can find out what they do, with a little patience. And if you find some brush settings you like, you can save them as presets for a new brush. That's the way I work with it. sometimes I am testing around, creating brushes by the way. Other days I paint with the results of this testings.

But maybe this Youtube video may help you (I didn't watch the whole video - so without warranty).

Edit: Here is also another video.
    Last edited by Somerset; 08-02-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Whilst AR may not ship with a PDF manual anymore a wealth of info can be found still in the online user guides.
    As there is quite a lot of crossover between versions, info in say the AR5 guide, can still be relevant for AR6.
    I admit the online guide pages could do with being updated in places and consolidated in others and sometimes you may have to do a little digging but the Search box will be your friend!
    User Guides: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/gett...arted-artrage/
    And since it's been mentioned, the Custom Brush: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/cust.../custom-brush/
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Now that we've done a huge update to ArtRage (see the announcement forum shortly...) we'll be doing a complete rework of the ArtRage Manual.
    The rework was on hold until the latest release.
    So... soon!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    Now that we've done a huge update to ArtRage (see the announcement forum shortly...) we'll be doing a complete rework of the ArtRage Manual.
    The rework was on hold until the latest release.
    So... soon!
    I assume you're referring to Vitae...any word on the new documentation?