Thread: Tool and panels default set up

Tool and panels default set up

It would be super-marvellous to be able to set up my ArtRage window with the various panels and tool settings open in the manner I like them and then click 'default' so that every time ArtRage opens up, it's showing those things in the places I put them. Even if the places is tricky, having the same panels open each time would be a great boon.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwilliamwoods View Post
    It would be super-marvellous to be able to set up my ArtRage window with the various panels and tool settings open in the manner I like them and then click 'default' so that every time ArtRage opens up, it's showing those things in the places I put them. Even if the places is tricky, having the same panels open each time would be a great boon.
    Great suggestion.

As a work around you can make a "template" ArtRage workspace by setting up everything and saving it as a painting, call it "Default Painting". If you always open it for each new painting you can be sure it will appear in your recent files list whenever you start ArtRage.
    Whenever you start a new project make sure to "save panting as" with a new name for your current project to avoid accidentally saving over your default painting template.

You can also put a shortcut to the Default Painting on your desktop and simply use that whenever you want to start a new painting.

BTW You should make a copy of your default painting and save it as a backup in case you accidentally save over your template.

What is interesting about this approach is that you can have Landscape and Portrait templates at various preferred resolutions (for small or large prints) with appropriately sized canvas grain etc.
    Your template can also have more in it than a standard "workspace" panel arrangement. You can set up standard layers with names, a reference layer, drawing layer, and paint layer for example, all ready for you to start using. You could even have your favorite palette saved and ready to go in a reference image, or a reference scrap.

Anyway hope this helps!

Great Suggestion DarkOwnt,

This is also what I do....

Super plan for now - thank you!

You are most welcome!

Fantastic ArtRange 6

I loved it very much. Really ArtRange 6 is so good. The way it has a wide scope of traditional tools and powerful digital utilities, ArtRage is the perfect creative tool for anyone, kids to adults, amateurs to professionals.
    I enjoyed it.