Thread: Gravedigger4

Gravedigger4

About time to post something, here is an early dig ha ha! I kept messing with this, its a big mistake, I should do it right first time, then it would have been " Gravedigger 1 "
    Hope you are all well and keeping clear of the dreaded disease!!! Anyway plenty of time to paint more often now, good job we have Artrage isn't it...Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gravedigger 4.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	98995  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

It's as if you have a repertory company to play out your tableaus like at the Old Vic. We've seen this actor at various ages playing in your period pieces. An alter ego perhaps.

You've taken the faces to the next level, Jack. Particularly good volume to the head in this one. Like so many actors of our times, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him on a TV talk show promoting your series.

Good stuff, mate.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I have always liked your work and this one is no exception, very good.

I may be reading to deep into this yet are you sending us a subliminal message here in this painting? The name Charlie on the tombstone could possibly mean "the enemy"? During the Vietnam war the name Charlie was used to identify the enemy. Are you expressing the idea that death is the enemy?

Hopefully that does not have anything to do with someone you know personally, if so I did not intend any insult or rub of salt into a wound, my first impression was as I described in the first sentence.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Excelente trabajo... La tonalidad que has aplicado acá es extraordinaria! Felicitaciones...
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee