Thread: Has Anyone Else Tried Running Art Rage 6 on A Linux Fedora Operating System?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My suggestion for attempting to run programs on Ubuntu such as Art Rage.

I am not sure how you are running Art Rage or attempting to install and/or run Art Rage on Ubuntu through WINE.
    If you are placing a copy of the Art Rage .exe executable file in a Linux directory and attempting to get WINE to install, are you getting any positive installation success?
    If yes you do not need any suggestions from me.

If no you might try this approach in a situation where you have an installed copy of Art Rage within the Windows partition on that computer.
    Use a Linux file browser such as Files, PCH File Manager and navigate to the Windows partition of a hard drive where the operating system is located. From there navigate to the Windows (C) directory open up and then go to Program Files. Within Program Files you will find a directory (file) named Ambient Design. Move into the Ambient Design directory and select ArtRage6 (will also work for 5). Look for the ArtRage.exe file there and highlight then press on right mouse button to open up menu. There you will find an option to open using default program (needs to be WINE in this case) or the option to open with other program, look there for WINE and select that option. There are probably two different choices of executable files, one 32 and the other 64. If the version of Linux you are running is a 64 bit architecture version try the 64 bit version first, if that does not work try 32 bit architecture version (some versions of WINE run better with 32 bit .exe files, not sure what is on Ubuntu yet AV Linux followed about the same programs and it worked with AV). You may have to re-enter the activation serial number upon the first successful opening of the program for use. To avoid having to dig into the Windows partition and go through the same navigation procedure every time you want to open the Art Rage program some file managers in Linux such as PCH Manager allow you to create a file link, you can create and place such a link on your desktop that leads to the ArtRage6 directory. From there you only need one left mouse click to open up the directory and then navigate to the .exe file for opening through WINE.

If using Fedora you can install the ArtRage.exe file into the operating system using WINE installer then it will appear in the programs menu under the title of WINE for simply clicking on to open up the program same way it runs in Windows.
    I have a personally designed artwork gallery website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

artrage

I tried running ArtRage on Ubuntu Studio 18.04 about six months ago because I read that it works with Wine. But the problem is that alcohol doesn't work on my computer. A problem that many users also. I will update Ubuntu Studio a few days after 20.04 and try again. It would have been better if it worked. If so, I will report it here. acnlhairguide.net
    Last edited by richardwillson; 07-23-2020 at 02:09 AM.